ADVERTISEMENT

On this day: June 17th, 1994

Menace Sockeyes

HR Legend
Sep 2, 2010
-Arnold Palmer tees off for his last ever round of US Open play.

-Then the Rangers Stanley Cup victory parade celebrates a near 50 year drought ending.

-Then Bill Clinton, Oprah, and more kick off the first World Cup in the USA with the Opening Ceremony and opening game at Soldier Field.

-Ken Griffey hits 30th home run to get about half way to Maris.

-Huge underdog South Korea stuns Spain with a goal in the final minute to tie 2-2.

-Then OJ goes on the freeway in his white Bronco, with Al Cowlings, threatening to kill himself.

-All while Game 5 of the NBA Finals tips off.

Where were you that day?…

Great 30 for 30 too..

Last edited:
Reactions: nelly02 and 7 Dunks

-Then the Rangers Stanley Cup victory parade celebrates a near 50 year drought ending.

-Then Bill Clinton, Oprah, and more kick off the first World Cup in the USA with the Opening Ceremony and opening game at Soldier Field.

-Huge undSouth Korea stuns Spain with a goal in the final minute to tie 2-2.

-Then OJ goes on the freeway in his white Bronco, with Al Cowlings, threatening to kill himself.

Great 30 for 30 too..

Working at a golf course on my birthday.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

-Huge undSouth Korea stuns Spain with a goal in the final minute to tie 2-2.

Great 30 for 30 too..

Getting drunk as a skunk at my grandma's place in India. She'd get me 4 liters of beer per day. Metric measures. Body can do that shit at 24.

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
One of the most memorable days of my life. Me and my best friend bar hopping on a beautiful day and night in New Haven, CT. Sitting on outside deck bar at Hennessy’s watching OJ getting chased.

Having dinner with friends at The Stadium Club in old Busch Stadium. We never did go down to our seats. Watched the entire OJ chase on TV at our table over beers.
Baseball is in my memory too. Heard about it over the car radio with my dad driving home from a Cedar Rapids Kernels game. He rushed home to get in the house and turn on the TV for the chase.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Funnest summer of my life. Remember that night clearly, was 20, working a crappy 2nd shift factory summer job, got off work headed to a friends apartment hoping to catch the end of the bball game. Everything was all about OJ, just a casual mention that the Knicks won. After that mainly bs'd with friends until bar closed. Had a second gig as a DD for a 28ish coworker and her friends. She taught me a ton that summer :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT