ADVERTISEMENT

One fun thing about all the transfers & Bowl..

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
Games..,.is a potential new trend in college football, and that is the unknown player, stepping on the stage a year earlier than they may have in the past!!

Now that has happened before, Marcus Coker for us versus Missouri, Eric ball against us 100 years ago for UCLA in the Rose Bowl…etc…

But I think it will be much more prevalent now… And that’s kind of exciting.

Of course, I suppose that will lead to more critiques of the coaches for “that player” not playing already. But I don’t think people really understand a dedicated two weeks plus worth of practice in December without the distraction of class… You should be able to get quite a bit done.!

I’m expecting this offensive line to look a lot better and these rookie quarterbacks to be at least semi competent. But we shall see…

And maybe the most interesting thing is the perspective of the fan base, which will be a prism of how you already look at the program…

If our quarterbacks look good, it won’t be because of a great coaching job in December it will be because they should’ve been playing already…😜! But I do want to win!

And if we beat Kentucky, it will be because it was a meaningless game and they were depleted!

Of course, if we lose, it’ll be a major indication of the direction our program is on…😳

Should be fun!!

Games..,.is a potential new trend in college football, and that is the unknown player, stepping on the stage a year earlier than they may have in the past!!

Now that has happened before, Marcus Coker for us versus Missouri, Eric ball against us 100 years ago for UCLA in the Rose Bowl…etc…

Of course, I suppose that will lead to more critiques of the coaches for “that player” not playing already. But I don’t think people really understand a dedicated two weeks plus worth of practice in December without the distraction of class… You should be able to get quite a bit done.!

I’m expecting this offensive line to look a lot better and these rookie quarterbacks to be at least semi competent. But we shall see…

And maybe the most interesting thing is the perspective of the fan base, which will be a prism of how you already look at the program…

If our quarterbacks look good, it won’t be because of a great coaching job in December it will be because they should’ve been playing already…😜! But I do want to win!

And if we beat Kentucky, it will be because it was a meaningless game and they were depleted!

Of course, if we lose, it’ll be a major indication of the direction our program is on…😳

Should be fun!!
Yes watch Labas throw for 350 yds and 4 TDs against Kentucky and our fanbase be like, "...........yeah, I want that guy over the other guy coming off an injury"

Im actually excited to see Labas play although I typically believe KF when he says guys arent ready. Healthier OL and if Laporta cant go then I will be hoping Ostrenga gets alot of snaps. VInes and Bostick as well.

Yes, totally agree. I really liked Arland Bruce and I know he dropped a lot of passes but he was still young and I would’ve liked to have kept Keegan Johnson but dedicated practice time for Vines, Brecht & Bostick has to be good for the long term health of the program!

Should be fun!!
Actually if everyone is looking at things clearly they'll realize that the outcome of this game is not a reflection of anything.

Actually if everyone is looking at things clearly they'll realize that the outcome of this game is not a reflection of anything.

Mostly true, but it is good for a marginalized unit ( The O in general) to see some growth and potentially gain confidence moving forward.

As far as the Fanbase, I totally agree, but that’s the unique thing about these message boards. Several folks have said over and over it’s a meaningless game, it doesn’t count for anything, etc.… But if we lose all of a sudden that game will become very meaningful… Funny how that works 😊

Should be fun!!
Also against us 150 years ago in the Rose Bowl, Jacque Robinson of Washington.

Exciting would be good. Another possibility is that bowl games resemble season openers with all of the clunkiness they often entail. Hopefully, they don't feature too many not-ready-for-prime-time players.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Also against us 150 years ago in the Rose Bowl, Jacque Robinson of Washington.

Exciting would be good. Another possibility is that bowl games resemble season openers with all of the clunkiness they often entail. Hopefully, they don't feature too many not-ready-for-prime-time players.

Wow, great catch, totally forgot about him!

Mostly true, but it is good for a marginalized unit ( The O in general) to see some growth and potentially gain confidence moving forward.

As far as the Fanbase, I totally agree, but that’s the unique thing about these message boards. Several folks have said over and over it’s a meaningless game, it doesn’t count for anything, etc.… But if we lose all of a sudden that game will become very meaningful… Funny how that works 😊
Nah. I think everyone is moving on and hoping this offense will be led by different people and look entirely different than what it has this year. All eyes are on the portal and whether a certain tackle comes on board along with a new coach or two. Nothing else matters to the fans at this point.

Nah. I think everyone is moving on and hoping this offense will be led by different people and look entirely different than what it has this year. All eyes are on the portal and whether a certain tackle comes on board along with a new coach or two. Nothing else matters to the fans at this point.

I guess we’ll see after the game won’t we?

Reactions: jonesy5960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT