ADVERTISEMENT

One method to a long life “The Blue Zones American Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100.”

billanole

HR Legend
Mar 5, 2005

One of the most visually striking recipes in the book is made from purple sweet potatoes, which Buettner considers a key longevity staple for people in the blue zone of Okinawa.

“The dietary intake of Okinawans until 1975 came from purple sweet potatoes,” he said. “I would argue it produced the longest-lived population in the history of humankind.”

Blue zone recipes were also found in Gullah Geechee cuisine, a method of cooking developed by descendants of enslaved Africans who settled in the Sea Islands of Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina. Stews and soups may be thickened with benne seeds, an heirloom version of sesame seeds brought over on slave ships.

One of the most visually striking recipes in the book is made from purple sweet potatoes, which Buettner considers a key longevity staple for people in the blue zone of Okinawa.

“The dietary intake of Okinawans until 1975 came from purple sweet potatoes,” he said. “I would argue it produced the longest-lived population in the history of humankind.”

Blue zone recipes were also found in Gullah Geechee cuisine, a method of cooking developed by descendants of enslaved Africans who settled in the Sea Islands of Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina. Stews and soups may be thickened with benne seeds, an heirloom version of sesame seeds brought over on slave ships.
It’s not just the whole unprocessed foods, though those are biggest part. These inhabitants of blue zones also have cleaner air and water and walk more.

Reactions: billanole and Torg
It’s not just the whole unprocessed foods, though those are biggest part. These inhabitants of blue zones also have cleaner air and water and walk more.
Yep, it is lifestyle, location, habits, exercise, mental stimulation and more.

Without reading the attached am I to assume that smoking cigs and drinking whiskey won't get me to 100?

Without reading the attached am I to assume that smoking cigs and drinking whiskey won't get me to 100?

Never assume -

100-years-old-woman.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT