ADVERTISEMENT

One of the bedrock institutions of Wisconsin culture is dead!

Seeing the show in the Dells when my family went there when I was as kid in the '60s. It was pretty touristy back then already, I can't imagine what it must be like now. Beautiful area though.

Reactions: torbee
Seeing the show in the Dells when my family went there when I was as kid in the '60s. It was pretty touristy back then already, I can't imagine what it must be like now. Beautiful area though.
My best friend in high school’s family lake house was on Dell Creek, right where it entered into Lake Delton. We watched that show at least 50 times from his dock. It really was a Wisconsin institution.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Robert World is gone too? I bet the signs will be around long after the place is gone....

I thought that maybe Culver's had filed for bankruptcy.

Went to one of their drive up windows the other day and was told I could not get their breaded tenderloin sandwich because of the Covid.

wtf?

Back in the 1950's and 1960's one of the bedrock
institutions of Wisconsin were the breweries in
Milwaukee. Pabst, Schlitz, Blatz, Miller helped to
make Milwaukee the Beer Capital of the U.S. until
1981. Great fun to tour a brewery and then get
free beer and pretzels afterwards in the hospitality
room.

I remember when they had some sort of incident at Lake Delton and the lake broke and drained entirely empty. Appropriate event for 2020.

severe-storms-tornadoes-and-flooding-lake-delton-wi-june-23-2008-this-is-a-d6ab32-1600.jpg

Reactions: torbee
I remember when they had some sort of incident at Lake Delton and the lake broke and drained entirely empty. Appropriate event for 2020.

severe-storms-tornadoes-and-flooding-lake-delton-wi-june-23-2008-this-is-a-d6ab32-1600.jpg

My in-laws owned a home on lake delton when that happened. The flooding got about 3 feet from the house when the land broke. The water just sucked back away from the house. Completely drained a few hours later.

Nooooooooooooooooooo.

I have very fond memories of the ski show and associated entertainment acts. My favorite was the contortionist who performed on the 50 foot flexible pole. Teenaged me was very impressed with her, um, abilities. I hope she will be okay.

We went to the Dells 5-6 times, and every single time I told my wife I had zero interest in seeing that show.
I have no regrets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT