ADVERTISEMENT

One of the most memorable days in Wisconsin

I was there too. The weather was absolutely miserable but the game was awesome.

only being to that state a handful of times this was one of the best games seeing Barry A retiring

Hawkeye Historian. Absolutely love this guys videos. Has about 90-100 of them just wish he'd make them more often. Always tell my Iowa fans come August check out this guys site gets you so excited for Hawkeye football.

I was there. If I remember correctly, Mitch King had a massive game. I was 14 or so, living in Wisconsin. It was great going to school the next day in my Hawkeye gear. Good memories.

Wisconsin must really suck, going to school on a Sunday. JK.

Had to feel good on Monday at school after a Hawkeye w! Best Hawk win in my lifetime at Wisky is the last second hold at the goal line in that era but this one is almost as good. Go Hawks.

Last edited:
Reactions: pink shizzle
Hawkeye Historian. Absolutely love this guys videos. Has about 90-100 of them just wish he'd make them more often. Always tell my Iowa fans come August check out this guys site gets you so excited for Hawkeye football.

Oh Man! Thanks for the tip about Hawkeye Historian! I'm going to be busy the next few weeks watching those videos!

One of the best football weekends in my life. I had a great time in Madison with good friends. Loved wearing my Iowa jersey amongst a sea of red.

I had some Iowa tickets for that game, high atop Section KK. :eek:The wind and rain were coming up and over the edge of the stadium, pelting the brave souls up there that afternoon. My beloved bailed on me and got a seat from a sympathetic security guy about a hundred rows below next to a letter winner from the 1957 Rose Bowl. The two cute Hawkettes in front of me did not have rain gear and their colored ultra-suede bleed all over.
The build up and emotion over BA's last home game as head coach was not enough to beat a better Hawk squad that day.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Wisconsin must really suck, going to school on a Sunday. JK.

Had to feel good on Monday at school after a Hawkeye w! Best Hawk win in my lifetime at Wisky is the last second hold at the goal line in that era but this one is almost as good. Go Hawks.
Haha, yes. It appears college football has been over for so long I forgot what day it was on.

2003 is still the champ for an "at Wisconsin" game.

2005, we were seeing slippage, and with this being Barry's last game, I thought shades of 1999, would happen, but pleasantly, surprised.

Reactions: Herky the Uruk-hai
2003 was a magical, mystical game that I mostly missed, but that's another story. What I remember from this '05 game, almost as good, was that it felt like the whole game we're just waiting for Wisco's inevitable surge. Pulling one out for the ol' coach or whatever. And it just never happened. You get to toward the end and we're all saying to each other, "How are we winning this game?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT