ADVERTISEMENT

One plug to rule them all?

Metric does not suck. It would take some time to adjust to thinking in terms of kilograms instead of pounds and kilometers instead of miles, but the Base-10 metric system is vastly superior to the Imperial system.

Here’s everything you need to know about which one is better - the British developed the Imperial system and the French developed the metric system. The British have since abandoned their own system in favor of metric.

When the British concede that the French did something better than they did, you can book it.

I dunno. All my metric wrenches slip and foul the edges of the bolts, but that never happens with good ol' English sized wrenches.

Is it possible to be too precise?

I vote this for universal standard.
OIP.uMnbBpiFvCiwX2qCwKIPCQHaHa
Cool. Already have a set.

Was at the MIL’s doing yard work. Needed an extension cord. Found one buried in the garage, probably 40+ years old. The ground plug had busted off but, of course, the damned thing still worked.

My lightning cords go out after several months of use and Apple makes us buy different ones every few years. It’s a f*cking racket.

CSB

Reactions: Gimmered
Was at the MIL’s doing yard work. Needed an extension cord. Found one buried in the garage, probably 40+ years old. The ground plug had busted off but, of course, the damned thing still worked.

My lightning cords go out after several months of use and Apple makes us buy different ones every few years. It’s a f*cking racket.

CSB
Every few years? Apple used the 30-pin dock connector for 9 years and they've been using lightning cables for 10 years.

They're charging over a thousand dollars for new iPhones that cost them maybe $300 to build, but you think the charging cord is the racket. Lol.

Reactions: Gimmered
Apple used the 30-pin dock connector for 9 years and they've been using lightning cables for 10 years.

They changed the back end of the lightning cords so they no longer plug into USB. So that’s 3 changes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT