ADVERTISEMENT

One question not asked of Barta

Since you are taking responsibility for Brian, will you. resign if the offense fails again this year?
Barta keeps getting us this dandy (easy) schedule. Where you can beat punchless, bad teams, with a 1990 play book and D3 qb's and walk ons on defense.

Since you are taking responsibility for Brian, will you. resign if the offense fails again this year?
Hey Barta ' With the new conference, can you keep getting us these awesome conference schedule, littered with the worst teams in the Big 10 .... and how do you do that every year?'

Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
Sort of. What I was really driving at was the definition of “fail”.
The offense was the sole reason we lost v. Illinois and ISU last season. Iowa's offense is being mocked as a laughingstock by national media because of how bad it is. Iowa's offense has consistently finished at or near the bottom in virtually every offensive statistic. And against an FCS team, our defense put more points on the board than our offense.

I'd say that's "failing".

If Phil Parker wasn't our DC we'd be a sub .500 program.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
The offense was the sole reason we lost v. Illinois and ISU last season. Iowa's offense is being mocked as a laughingstock by national media because of how bad it is. Iowa's offense has consistently finished at or near the bottom in virtually every offensive statistic. And against an FCS team, our defense put more points on the board than our offense.

Check - If we didn’t play so many crappy teams, we would be a sub .500 program

Reactions: TNHAWK79

Ok. But how to measure it in this next season?

Did the offense fail last year?
e0965a_605183.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sett1997
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT