ADVERTISEMENT

One thing I didn't miss about being IN the office.......

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Sitting inside on a picture perfect beautiful day and being trapped. Especially on a Friday.

I've been working from the office most of the week, and when it's nice out, it sucks. At home, I could grab my phone and laptop and a glass of iced tea and enjoy sitting on the deck while the dogs cavort in the back yard. Now, I am gazing sadly out the window at a Chamber of Commerce weather day, stuck in a stuffy office. :(

It's not even 9:30 a.m. and I am already thinking about going to lunch.

When your stomach growls at 9:30 am and you think
about going to lunch.......it raises the question what
did you have for breakfast?

If you skipped breakfast, then you are paying the price.
If you had a bowl of cereal or scrambled egg & bacon,
then you needed a bigger breakfast.

• Haha
Reactions: Funky Bunch
When your stomach growls at 9:30 am and you think
about going to lunch.......it raises the question what
did you have for breakfast?

If you skipped breakfast, then you are paying the price.
If you had a bowl of cereal or scrambled egg & bacon,
then you needed a bigger breakfast.
I'm not hungry - I am bored.

I had a peanut butter Cliff bar and some black coffee for breakfast.

Sitting inside on a picture perfect beautiful day and being trapped. Especially on a Friday.

I've been working from the office most of the week, and when it's nice out, it sucks. At home, I could grab my phone and laptop and a glass of iced tea and enjoy sitting on the deck while the dogs cavort in the back yard. Now, I am gazing sadly out the window at a Chamber of Commerce weather day, stuck in a stuffy office. :(

It's not even 9:30 a.m. and I am already thinking about going to lunch.

You should take up smoking so you have an excuse to go outside periodically.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how you started smoking and HR. You got out of the Coast Guard, noticed employees who smoked got more paid breaks and developed a passion for smoking and employment rules in one fell swoop.

It was actually back in high school. I had a job working in the kitchen at Steak & Ale.

If you were standing out back smoking a cigarette the managers would leave you alone. But if you were standing around doing nothing without a cigarette in your hand, you were told to get back to work.

Ironically, my window looks out over the smoking area.

This weird bald guy goes out and vaped every 25 minutes. I will say this - he's only out there for about 2 minutes each time, but it is excessive.

Our office offers extended morning or afternoon breaks for people who want to take a walk for exercise. They're expected to change their shoes and actually get out there and walk if they want to take advantage of the exercise break.

If you are bored with your job at 9:30 am, then you
have a motivation problem.

If you are bored, perhaps you are under-employed
and your job does not challenge you.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Our office offers extended morning or afternoon breaks for people who want to take a walk for exercise. They're expected to change their shoes and actually get out there and walk if they want to take advantage of the exercise break.
we have quite a few employees that go out a couple of times a day and walk, I do it occasionally when it's nice out. In a building of 50 employees we don't have one smoker that I'm aware of. As long as people get their work done I don't care how many times they go outside.

Reactions: torbee
Ironically, my window looks out over the smoking area.

This weird bald guy goes out and vaped every 25 minutes. I will say this - he's only out there for about 2 minutes each time, but it is excessive.
Maybe he utilizes the Pomodoro Technique?

ADVERTISEMENT