ADVERTISEMENT

One U.S. COVID death every 80 seconds...

I wish that had happened back in the spring. We opened up too soon.

And now, we probably won't get football.

California was the first state to close and opened late and slowly. The answer for this country was never more draconian measures; it was to take reasonable measures that could be kept up for a long time. As I warned in April, clamp down too hard and people will become too pissed of to even follow reasonable precautions.

All we can do now is ride it out, knowing a percentage of people are just going to do what they feel.

California was the first state to close and opened late and slowly. The answer for this country was never more draconian measures; it was to take reasonable measures that could be kept up for a long time. As I warned in April, clamp down too hard and people will become too pissed of to even follow reasonable precautions.

All we can do now is ride it out, knowing a percentage of people are just going to do what they feel.

Yup.

It worked in other countries.

What you're ostensibly saying is too many Americans are fat, stupid, and selfish. No matter how you want to slice it that's the truth. My grandparents' generation would have sacrificed and hunkered down just fine. It's the shit Boomer generation and everything they stand for that has led to your level of myopic idiocy.

What you're ostensibly saying is too many Americans are fat, stupid, and selfish. No matter how you want to slice it that's the truth. My grandparents' generation would have sacrificed and hunkered down just fine. It's the shit Boomer generation and everything they stand for that has led to your level of myopic idiocy.
Hunkered down for how long?

Your grandparents generation, even your parents' generation, would not have even noticed this. They would have gone about their business, the same way we've gone about our business as one million people have been killed in car accidents over the last 20 years.

This is another illness that should be accounted for in our daily lives along with all the others. Just as flu is more deadly than the common cold, covid-19 is more deadly than flu.

What do we do? Live with it, mitigate spread within reason (wash hands, use sanitizer, clean stuff), but don't put lives on hold, force working parents to homeschool, or take sports and other extracurriculars away.

Yep, we'll have to live with it. Or we can just live in fear as prisoners in our own homes. No thank you.

This is another illness that should be accounted for in our daily lives along with all the others. Just as flu is more deadly than the common cold, covid-19 is more deadly than flu.

What do we do? Live with it, mitigate spread within reason (wash hands, use sanitizer, clean stuff), but don't put lives on hold, force working parents to homeschool, or take sports and other extracurriculars away.

Yep, we'll have to live with it. Or we can just live in fear as prisoners in our own homes. No thank you.

This man for POTUS 2020.

And stop calling every death Covid-19.

Eat shit to the folks pretending this is the common cold.
Well I hate to break it to you but it really is less dangerous mortality wise then the flu if you are under age 30. It’s old people and the unhealthy and obese that this hits hard.

Think if it this way. Two scenarios
1. You’re 25, don’t smoke, have a BMI of 23 and can run 2 miles fairly easily or run up a few flights of stairs without much trouble breathing. Then you lose 30% of your ability to oxygenate due to Covid. You live because you have reasonable fitness.
2. You’re 55, you moke a pack a day, have COPD and a hx of heart disease. You haven’t walked any farther than the parking lot at Walmart to the entrance in years. You weigh 300 lbs and get heavily winded going up a flight of stairs not even able to complete a sentence without breathing. This is at 100% lung capacity. Now you lose 30%. How does that person stand a chance?

Fact is, aside from these over say 80, the chickens have come home to roost with this illness. You don’t take care of yourself for decades, smoke too much, eat too much and can barely spell exercise let alone do any, it’s pretty easy to see why you’d be scared shitless. I feel bad for these people. It has to be hard looking mortality straight in the face.

Now you can sit there and blame Trump and why not? The blame you yourself deserve is a harder pill to swallow. And you already take enough of those as is.

Friend of mine was texting me last night that he was being moved from the ICU to the CICU today because his lungs were filling with fluid and he was having cardiac issues.

A friend of his messaged me now saying that it isn't looking good and he probably won't make it.

He is 30 and healthy and was almost done with med school. Sad stuff.

Reactions: Rudolph
Friend of mine was texting me last night that he was being moved from the ICU to the CICU today because his lungs were filling with fluid and he was having cardiac issues.

A friend of his messaged me now saying that it isn't looking good and he probably won't make it.

He is 30 and healthy and was almost done with med school. Sad stuff.

The MAGAs don't care.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

My 92 year old grandmother that has been battling multiple health issues for the last decade and is very fragile tested positive for Covid-19 three weeks ago. As of Aug 1 she has tested negative 2 times and will soon be able to move back to her room. Was symptom free the whole time.
We thought for sure this could be the end, but she’s doing fine given her past health and her bout with Covid.

Reactions: pink shizzle
I knew in May there would be no college football. Because no matter how things were going, folks like you would have argued against it for fear of bringing about a second wave.

Let's be honest, you don't know sh!t. People like you are complete idiots. You don't know how to put out the fire so your solution is to run into it.

Reactions: unIowa
Let's be honest, you don't know sh!t. People like you are complete idiots. You don't know how to put out the fire so your solution is to run into it.

I did, early and often, propose what our governors and Congress should do in order to more effectively save lives and lessen our national misery. I also have frequently suggested we should have thoughtful and honest discussions about the ethics and actual effectiveness of the strategies we did adopt.

People like you want nothing to do with any of it. Your thinking is simplistic and emotion based.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT