ADVERTISEMENT

Open letter to Barta - Needed Program Fix (simple and sweet)

StarHawk

All-Conference
May 27, 2019
Dear Mr. Barta,

This solution would allow Kirk to coach as long as he wants (but without son Brian as OC obviously).

First and foremost. Hire Chuck Long as OC - a Hawkeye legend that has a impressive if not genious offensive mind (and he could actually be a legitmate QB coach!). If not Chuck...then someone of his caliber and qualified experience.

Let new OC decide whether Brian has merit to keep on staff...otherwise he needs to seek employment elsewhere.

Time has come to put the Iowa program above any one person...take action and stop the negative trend that everyone with any football IQ around the country understands concerning the offensive side of Iowa football.

Time to earn that grand AD salary ....put aside golf, staring out the window or whatever the distraction is and make things right.

Are other programs kicking Chuck's door down to get him to come coach as their OC? Not trying to pick a fight....genuinely asking. Admittedly I'm out of "the know" on Chuck's status and his performance as a coach.

I'm with dog, not against Chuck but not sure why he's the answer. If he's that good would think other programs would already have him on the payroll.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Dear Mr. Barta,

This solution would allow Kirk to coach as long as he wants (but without son Brian as OC obviously).

First and foremost. Hire Chuck Long as OC - a Hawkeye legend that has a impressive if not genious offensive mind (and he could actually be a legitmate QB coach!). If not Chuck...then someone of his caliber and qualified experience.

Let new OC decide whether Brian has merit to keep on staff...otherwise he needs to seek employment elsewhere.

Time has come to put the Iowa program above any one person...take action and stop the negative trend that everyone with any football IQ around the country understands concerning the offensive side of Iowa football.

Time to earn that grand AD salary ....put aside golf, staring out the window or whatever the distraction is and make things right.
No offense, but this was dumb.

First, you people who talk of letting any coach continue as long as HE wants to is just plain ridiculous. So if Kirk goes 5-7 this year, then 5-7 the next two, you just let him keep going because it's Kirk's decision in the end? LOL Stupid.

Chuck Long as OC? Hahaha. Have you even the slightest idea of Chuck and Kirk's relationship right now? Check on that and then get back to us.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Are other programs kicking Chuck's door down to get him to come coach as their OC? Not trying to pick a fight....genuinely asking. Admittedly I'm out of "the know" on Chuck's status and his performance as a coach.
He's had as many people knocking on his door to be their OC as LeVar Woods has had people knocking about being their next HC.

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999

AdolescentCrispGreathornedowl-size_restricted.gif

Dear Mr. Barta,

Did you add a little cologne to the paper?

• Haha
Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
Just got the word that all of your changes have been viewed. Barta was just about to make all the changes you were suggesting. Then the realization came to him that Kirk Ferentz is the true athletic director. Barta is down on Sesame Street right now trying to arrange a meeting between you and Kirk. Brian might be there as well. I hear he has been recruiting Big Bird to play reciever.

Dear Mr. Barta,

Long is not your football or non-football IQ answer. Not even close.

what we need is a better o-line. Proctor starts as soon as he walks in the locker room and hopefully there is a mauler someplace looking for playing time. 3/5 existing line hopefully make enough progress to be serviceable.

Have Brian slide back to o- line coach (Kirk is not firing him) and hire an o/c with some flash that can recruit skill positions and ideally can bring a QB with him.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Has any school ever hired an OC who's been out of college coaching for 10 years? How about doing it and showing some degree of success on the field? Have we ever seen this work before as a proof of concept? Ever? Shouldn't we see this work well like 60% of the time, or better, for the other schools thay have tried it before we do it at Iowa?

I'm just seeking examples. Maybe there are a dozen examples that I'm having trouble recalling, but I can't think of any.

Dear Mr. Barta,

Really, an open letter. Barta aint going to read or hear this. Waste of bytes

There’s a reason Stoops let him go at Oklahoma and never rehired Chuck when Chuck got fired at SDSU. Just saying

Lo
Dear Mr. Barta,

Lol!

Dear Mr. Barta,

Chuck is a great Hawkeye but for whatever reason Kirk doesn’t feel it’s a good fit.

Dear Mr. Barta,

In my opinion Kirk and Brian already know what
they will do after the season is over. This is only my
opinion, with no sources or contacts on the inside.
I don't think they will let this nepotism narrative
continue. Brian recognizes his fathers legacy is being damaged with him as OC. For him to continue in that role Iowa would have to go undefeated for several years for the nepotism criticism to stop. Brian will probably go to the NFL. I would
think New England, since Belichick already has his son as an assistant coach and that Kirk, Brian have worked with Bill in the past and are friends. That coupled with the fact that in 2022 Bill does not have an OC or DC, at least officially and if I remember right, Kirk was with Bill in the offseason before college fall camp. I recognize that some will say that Brian is toxic with the discrimination case still out there, and that could be settled before 2023 season. I don't think Bill cares based on his disdain for the press and his reputation for not bending to criticism.

Reactions: ichawk24 and SLarew
what we need is a better o-line. Proctor starts as soon as he walks in the locker room and hopefully there is a mauler someplace looking for playing time. 3/5 existing line hopefully make enough progress to be serviceable.

Have Brian slide back to o- line coach (Kirk is not firing him) and hire an o/c with some flash that can recruit skill positions and ideally can bring a QB with him.
KF will also not give him a pay cut. We need a head coach that is proactive

In my opinion Kirk and Brian already know what
they will do after the season is over. This is only my
opinion, with no sources or contacts on the inside.
I don't think they will let this nepotism narrative
continue. Brian recognizes his fathers legacy is being damaged with him as OC. For him to continue in that role Iowa would have to go undefeated for several years for the nepotism criticism to stop. Brian will probably go to the NFL. I would
think New England, since Belichick already has his son as an assistant coach and that Kirk, Brian have worked with Bill in the past and are friends. That coupled with the fact that in 2022 Bill does not have an OC or DC, at least officially and if I remember right, Kirk was with Bill in the offseason before college fall camp. I recognize that some will say that Brian is toxic with the discrimination case still out there, and that could be settled before 2023 season. I don't think Bill cares based on his disdain for the press and his reputation for not bending to criticism.
All speculative at best

First fix S&C program. Our O line is described by our opponents as soft and underwhelming.
Did Doyle need to go , yes. Is Braithwaite the right guy for the job, probably not.
The excuse that our D is okay so S&C must be doesn't cut it. Our D line is undersized and gets pushed around by elite O lines. Also, some people are good number twos and never meant to be in leadership positions.
Second get a new O line coach.
Third, send BF packing and bring in a real OC.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
First fix S&C program. Our O line is described by our opponents as soft and underwhelming.
Did Doyle need to go , yes. Is Braithwaite the right guy for the job, probably not.
The excuse that our D is okay so S&C must be doesn't cut it. Our D line is undersized and gets pushed around by elite O lines. Also, some people are good number twos and never meant to be in leadership positions.
Second get a new O line coach.
Third, send BF packing and bring in a real OC.

Doyle didn't need to go, he was sent packing to appease some cry baby tit sucks

Reactions: IAHUNTER
This is like complaining to the person that cooks French fries at McDonalds about their corporate policies.

ADVERTISEMENT