ADVERTISEMENT

Open Thread

j-war looking kind of buff, could he be our 4th finalist next year.

Them’s is some big canoes you is fitting him for. Can we at least wait until he gets some bone fides under his belt before going all, walking on water up here?:)

Them’s is some big canoes you is fitting him for. Can we at least wait until he gets some bone fides under his belt before going all, walking on water up here?:)

LOL Sorry. I was reading, “next four time finalist.”

Scoring 3 points to win on criteria in a freestyle match against a kid that last we saw was having a rough go at folkstyle trumps how Turk was coming on at the end of the season?
I'll take whoever can get out on bottom. According to the LaxHawk eye-test (which demands an incredibly high standard of proof) their neutral skills are a wash. Turk did come on at B1Gs and NCAAs, and I don't think he chose down once in either tournament. It showed when he got taken down.

If he shows up. Not to sure he wants to see Warner across from him waiting to embarrass him.

Belshay wishes he wouldn’t have shown up. Gets ran off the stage and tech falled in 43 seconds. Kind of embarrassing, just sayin’. Who is next to feed the beast?

To divert slightly, I got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw how Berge schooled Brayton Lee. I know he has a year on him, but seeing his dominance had me scrambling to wake up from a Nolfmare.

To divert slightly, I got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw how Berge schooled Brayton Lee. I know he has a year on him, but seeing his dominance had me scrambling to wake up from a Nolfmare.
Agree, he looked really good. If he can make 149, PSU may have a contender. I’m interested to see how close the match will be with Carr.

Agree, he looked really good. If he can make 149, PSU may have a contender. I’m interested to see how close the match will be with Carr.
Lots to play out. I believe Verk looked better than Berge in folk opens last year, and he got TFed here, while Berge won by TF.

Reactions: The catman
The way I
He is already qualified for WTT and he would have no chance of sitting until Final X so not much benefit.
The way I thought was going this year is the winner of the U.S. Open gets to sit until the finals of the WTT Challenge tournament for the best two out of three on Sunday. I could be wrong though! If that is the case this tournament could have helped Spencer a lot!

Lugo was a college sophomore against a high school senior. I wouldn’t read much into that.

I agree. That said, I am pretty excited for Lugo at 149. He is a Metcalf mold of wrestler and a perfect fit to develop in the Iowa room. I'm obviously not naive enough to expect Metcalf results, but I think he'll match up with anyone in the weight class.

Reactions: Dagboi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT