ADVERTISEMENT

Opening conference game: MSU at Iowa

At least IA gets MSU at home, I think it should favor the Hawks. IA have athletes this year to compete. IA gets MSU, @Purdue, NE, and @MSU. I would be happy with 2-2 but hope for 4-0 start!

At least IA gets MSU at home, I think it should favor the Hawks. IA have athletes this year to compete. IA gets MSU, @Purdue, NE, and @MSU. I would be happy with 2-2 but hope for 4-0 start!
Playing MSU twice early could be a good thing. Izzo seems to get them rolling late in the year.

Tougher than average schedule for the Hawks, who face MSU, Purdue Michigan and IU twice. Those teams are all probably upper half of the B1G. At least we only get Mary Land once, but on the road. Will be very hard to match last year's conference record.

Playing MSU twice early could be a good thing. Izzo seems to get them rolling late in the year.

Tougher than average schedule for the Hawks, who face MSU, Purdue Michigan and IU twice. Those teams are all probably upper half of the B1G. At least we only get Mary Land once, but on the road. Will be very hard to match last year's conference record.

Granted it was at home, but the Hawkeyes beat Maryland's ass last year. Iowa matches up well with them because they're less physical, IMO.

Reactions: AZmess
Iowa got a tough draw having to face MSU, IU, Purdue, and MICH 2 times. They get PSU twice which will be nice. Should be able to sweep PSU.

Im thinking just an early look at the Big Ten Schedule if we get to 9-9 or 10-8 I will be happy!!! A lot of tough games and having to face 4 of top 6 teams in conference twice is going to be tough for the hawks.

Going to need to be able to shoot the ball at home and protect home court. Win 7-8 out of 9 games at home then it puts less pressure on you on the road.

Don't sleep on PSU. Chambers has gotten the ball rolling with some recruits there. They have two top 150 guys coming in. I think even Rutgers has one or two top 100 guys next year. Of course, Iowa will be playing with experienced players. But the inexperienced ones are the ones that can play great one night and horrible the next. It will be a dogfight all winter long.

PSU will be improved but DJ new bill is gone and he was a hawkeye killer it seemed like. The kid always hit big shots and deep 3's vs the hawks.

I think chambers team will be improved, but the hawks should be able to roll them both games. I just can't believe that we get to face 4 of the top 6 teams twice. meanwhile we only get to see Nebbie, Wisky, Minny and the Illini once. Doesn't seem right.

Almost like last year. Play tough games early in first 8 games sparty 2x, Purdue 2x and at Maryland.

Iowa got a tough draw having to face MSU, IU, Purdue, and MICH 2 times. They get PSU twice which will be nice. Should be able to sweep PSU.

Im thinking just an early look at the Big Ten Schedule if we get to 9-9 or 10-8 I will be happy!!! A lot of tough games and having to face 4 of top 6 teams in conference twice is going to be tough for the hawks.

Going to need to be able to shoot the ball at home and protect home court. Win 7-8 out of 9 games at home then it puts less pressure on you on the road.

Did an analysis of all Big10 schedules. Guess who has one of the easier schedules......wait for it......yes, MSU again! Get's old watching the Big10 keep giving MSU a free pass. Wisconsin looks to have the toughest, followed by Iowa, Purdue and MD.

The schedule is the schedule. Whining doesn't change anything, but winning does.

If this program wants to march forward, as it's done for 5 years running, it needs to take care of whatever business is in front of it. Don't fear the conference elite and don't take the doormats lightly, either. Both have bitten us and both hurt.

With few transfers and a steady roster of 4-5 year players , we should be equipped to handle most situations. I am very excited to see what the underclass offers.

go away. saying stuff to just start arguments ain't cool.

Agree. But who is saying stuff to start arguments? I'm simply stating something that is probably factual. Conference play is always difficult, and will be even more difficult this year. My guess is we are a below .500 conference team.

Agree. But who is saying stuff to start arguments? I'm simply stating something that is probably factual. Conference play is always difficult, and will be even more difficult this year. My guess is we are a below .500 conference team.

you got a turd in your pocket? if you are trying to refer to yourself and the hawkeye's sports teams as "we", nice try. "WE" all know you are full of it.

I would be happy if we could beat MSU just once this year. Ever since Fran's first year, I don't know if we have won a game against them...

I think we have a decent shot at MSU because, for the first time in a long time, we definitely have more depth and experience than them at PG.

The Russians just beat the Spartans 93-75 but the Russian National team is pretty darned good.

Surprisingly, Izzo started Marvin Clark at Power Forward. Shocks the heck out of me when he has Schilling, Costello and Davis to pick from. But Clark ended up playing only 6 minutes. I suspect Davis will eventually earn the start but the fact that a near five star type guy isn't already starting? Interesting. I don't think Harris is playing yet due to his suspension for having a drink after happy hour or whatever it was, don't remember.

I would agree MSU owned us in the past, with their illegal screen thug ball and superior athletes.

In looking at their roster this year, I don't see the intimidator on their team or a dominant player.
Denzel Valentine is a good player, but isn't a star and he is their best player.
Costello is a pussy, Schilling sucks and their other big man Davis is a true freshmen.

I think we will dominate them inside, which will force them to go zone.
This opens up the door for our 3 pt shooting, which will be the strength of our team.
I won't be surprised if we sweep them this year.
Purdue, IU and Maryland will be the teams to beat this year in the BIG.

I would agree MSU owned us in the past, with their illegal screen thug ball and superior athletes.

In looking at their roster this year, I don't see the intimidator on their team or a dominant player.
Denzel Valentine is a good player, but isn't a star and he is their best player.
Costello is a pussy, Schilling sucks and their other big man Davis is a true freshmen.

I think we will dominate them inside, which will force them to go zone.
This opens up the door for our 3 pt shooting, which will be the strength of our team.
I won't be surprised if we sweep them this year.
Purdue, IU and Maryland will be the teams to beat this year in the BIG.

I wouldn't say Costello is a pussy. He's not a huge kid but he's also not afraid to bang. Iowa may win the battle inside but it certainly won't be in dominating fashion. Izzo will foul out his entire roster before allowing something like that to take place.

I like that we play them early. The B1G reffs will be calling fouls as they always swallow their whistles the last 1/4 of the season. Tom really gets his teams ready to go in March and they often take their lumps early.

you got a turd in your pocket? if you are trying to refer to yourself and the hawkeye's sports teams as "we", nice try. "WE" all know you are full of it.

Who rattled your cage? Go back to the basement before your mother starts yelling at you my friend.

ADVERTISEMENT