ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion: ‘Grooming’: Republicans’ vile new attack on any who criticize them

Why don’t you apply this universally?

If someone is born with a BRCA mutation and opts for a preemptive mastectomy due to breast cancer risk, is that an act of willful defiance?

If someone born with a cleft lip and palate has reconstructive surgery, is that an act of willful defiance?

If someone is born deaf, is it an act of willful defiance to get a cochlear implant?

In your opinion, based on your precedent, what medical care should be allowed for any congenital or genetic condition? None? God “made them that way”, so deal with it?
I can see where your mind would go there. That’s a good question.

A double mastectomy to preempt a cancer diagnosis carries an entirely set of motivations than a double mastectomy as part of a gender transition. God is after our heart, and it is our motivations that matter to Him. Christianity is about a humble submission to God’s will and teachings. Transgenderism is a willful statement of personal autonomy. It says to God that “I am in charge, not you!”

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be trans because of my personal religious beliefs. People can have whatever religion they want. I wouldn’t have even brought it up except to answer the question.

I went to the Department of Education site, checked multiple alternatives and searches and couldn‘t find any of this nonsense.

This is a fake. Not surprised the wing nuts are taken in by this bullshit and I seldom expend energy chasing phony crap down rabbit holes, but felt compelled since so many conservative posters bought the same sinking boat. Goes to show how important it is to use judgement and common sense when forming opinions.

information from the right is premised on lies and untruths. See above.
New Jersey is passing a law to require this trash so stop claiming this is a non-issue.

There are a ton of people, including a huge number of Christians, that you need to convince of this.
It's reported that approximately 65% of America is Christian. Ask a real, Bible believing, Jesus freak what he or she believes the real percentage of true believers in America are and they will wholeheartedly agree with your statement.

I can see where your mind would go there. That’s a good question.

A double mastectomy to preempt a cancer diagnosis carries an entirely set of motivations than a double mastectomy as part of a gender transition. God is after our heart, and it is our motivations that matter to Him. Christianity is about a humble submission to God’s will and teachings. Transgenderism is a willful statement of personal autonomy. It says to God that “I am in charge, not you!”

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be trans because of my personal religious beliefs. People can have whatever religion they want. I wouldn’t have even brought it up except to answer the question.
Serious question. Since not all believe in god or have different religious views why is that you want to project yours into everyone? If your neighbor is gay how does that impact your life? If a person in a neighboring state wants to marry a person of the same sex how does that impact you? If a person on the other side of the globe born with male genitalia identifies as a women how does that impact you? If you live your life and treat everybody with love and respect you’re always in a good place, right?

I don’t get some of this stuff, but it really doesn’t matter. It’s frankly none of my business what another person thinks, feels or believes. People should have the freedom to live their life and have their beliefs without me telling them what they can or can’t believe.

Serious question. Since not all believe in god or have different religious views why is that you want to project yours into everyone? If your neighbor is gay how does that impact your life? If a person in a neighboring state wants to marry a person of the same sex how does that impact you? If a person on the other side of the globe born with male genitalia identifies as a women how does that impact you? If you live your life and treat everybody with love and respect you’re always in a good place, right?

I don’t get some of this stuff, but it really doesn’t matter. It’s frankly none of my business what another person thinks, feels or believes. People should have the freedom to live their life and have their beliefs without me telling them what they can or can’t believe.
I feel like I answered that with the second paragraph you replied to. I don’t really care if someone is trans. As a matter of fact I have compassion for them because they clearly are struggling with some mental health issues.

I was asked how I view trans issues from my personal religious view, so I answered.

What I have a problem with is those in authority over impressionable children affirming a lifestyle that sets the children up for a life of hardship, often times doing so without the knowledge of their parents.

I have seen nothing anywhere that teachers are affirming anything. Is there some who will use their position to have inappropriate relationships with students? Yep and that’s been happening for a long, long time, but smart phones and social media are bringing these cases more and more to the front and these people are being caught unlike in the past. And, the vast majority who seem to violate this are heterosexual.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I have seen nothing anywhere that teachers are affirming anything. Is there some who will use their position to have inappropriate relationships with students? Yep and that’s been happening for a long, long time, but smart phones and social media are bringing these cases more and more to the front and these people are being caught unlike in the past. And, the vast majority who seem to violate this are heterosexual.
I think he's talking about gender affirming care, part of that care would be calling the child by their preferred pronouns or chosen name, allowing them to dress according to the gender they identify, and letting them participate in activities normally associated with their gender idenity. Teachers would participate in this kind of gender affirming care as they should. Having a problem with who is allowed to participate in girls sports may be a legitimate concern, but teachers treating transgender students with respect is not.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I feel like I answered that with the second paragraph you replied to. I don’t really care if someone is trans. As a matter of fact I have compassion for them because they clearly are struggling with some mental health issues.

I was asked how I view trans issues from my personal religious view, so I answered.

What I have a problem with is those in authority over impressionable children affirming a lifestyle that sets the children up for a life of hardship, often times doing so without the knowledge of their parents.
Who is ACTUALLY doing this?

In fact, we just had to meet about a 6th grade girl, who I have taught since kindergarten. She doesn’t want to be called by her given name but by something like “Xenon” or something like that. Mom, a lesbian, told us she is not ready for her kid to be able to make that choice as a 12 year old, but will discuss it further with her in a few years. I love the kid and was basically hoping I could keep calling her by her given name!
It’s just a matter of time before we won’t be able to say girls and boys. He or she.

Again, I see no issue with this. Is it different or weird… perhaps. But, growing up there were many kids who teachers called them something different than their given name. There were Jrs, Treys and kids who went by their middle or some other name because they didn’t like their given name. As long as whatever their name is isn’t some derogatory word what’s the big deal?

Reactions: gohawks50
FP67vYHWUAQ4Ju7

Who is ACTUALLY doing this?
Hell, he probably is, projection is one of the defining characteristics of these people.

But it's more just that they're brain-dead zombies running in whichever direction their Fox News overlords throw the soccer ball. Grooming, CRT, the laptop, the border, whatever New Jersey is doing when it comes to kids.

Zippo critical thinking skills. Again, brain-dead zombies.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I wonder how many people say they sre straight, but are secretly bi
I know that threesomes are a secret wish for men - actually not that secret -
and that women agree to it just to turn on and please the guy who wants to watch. The women aren’t really even bi but I suppose some do find it more appealing and want to continue that way. Whatever floats that boat.
I’m a boomer who must have missed out on that trend but I don’t care. I have zero interest in being with a woman. I’ve always been 100% into guys.
And I honestly don’t care what sleeping arrangements other people like or are engaged in. It’s none of my business.
I do agree that despite the Sexual Revolution we Boomers were allegedly part of, it was largely overblown and often limited to just getting on the pill and “going all the way” a lot more than our parents ever did. Herpes and AIDS weren’t part of the STD lineup then.
I was likely repressed and didn’t realize it.

I know that threesomes are a secret wish for men - actually not that secret -
and that women agree to it just to turn on and please the guy who wants to watch. The women aren’t really even bi but I suppose some do find it more appealing and want to continue that way. Whatever floats that boat.
I’m a boomer who must have missed out on that trend but I don’t care. I have zero interest in being with a woman. I’ve always been 100% into guys.
And I honestly don’t care what sleeping arrangements other people like or are engaged in. It’s none of my business.
I do agree that despite the Sexual Revolution we Boomers were allegedly part of, it was largely overblown and often limited to just getting on the pill and “going all the way” a lot more than our parents ever did. Herpes and AIDS weren’t part of the STD lineup then.
I was likely repressed and didn’t realize it.

Herpes has been part of the STD lineup for a few million years.

In fact, we just had to meet about a 6th grade girl, who I have taught since kindergarten. She doesn’t want to be called by her given name but by something like “Xenon” or something like that. Mom, a lesbian, told us she is not ready for her kid to be able to make that choice as a 12 year old, but will discuss it further with her in a few years. I love the kid and was basically hoping I could keep calling her by her given name!
It’s just a matter of time before we won’t be able to say girls and boys. He or she.
Anyone who doesn't believe this type of thing in not a mental health problem, is fooling themselves. We should be helping children like this and try to find what she is really searching for. Mankind has been around for milllions of years in some form or the other, and we are just now discovering that gender dysphoria is a real problem? That is pure sophistry. These children are trying to fill a hole in their lives and unfortunately there is a political agenda willing to fill it.

Reactions: goldmom
There's a multitude of right wing sources all spewing the same garbage. One Trumpy family member only watches FoxNews, primarily The Five. Another only listens to Ben Shapiro and Clay Travis. Somehow both of them can recite the right wing talking points of the day as if they were lines in a Broadway play and they were the lead performer.
The Dems are in charge of the federal government and it is a total sh*t show.

ADVERTISEMENT