ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion: Iowa girls are relying on Athletic Union to preserve girls sports

Again, stop with the hypothetical and embrace reality. There are trans women winning in Connecticut high schools against biological females everyday, the Penn swimmer is a trans and is crushing biological women. Again your argument is based on a political argument/theory and not fact. Forego theory and embrace reality, PLEASE. The damage trans athletes are causing women's sports wayyyyyy outweighs any benefit to individual trans athletes.
I don't think the "damage" is what you make it to be, nor is the problem as pervasive as you fear. Your "reality" is not a national problem, but rather a republican talking point.

For those on the left who claim to embrace democracy, please review the below numbers. Estimates of trans people in the U.S. are 0.5% or approx 1.6 million. One could argue about half of those would be men transitioning to women so approx. 800,000 people. About 51% of the U.S. population are women so about 169,320,000 individuals. That is a difference of 168,520,000 people. Based on democratic principals, there are 168,520,000 more people hurt by trans women competing gainst women than benefit from it.
I have never seen math used for such a stupid point.

Reactions: Rudolph
Explain to me why you want to support the trans side of this issue? There is no law, rule, or precedent to substantiate the wishes of such a very small minority at the expense of half of the U.S. population. Are you anti women?

Why?

They are inferior athletes. Terrible waste of money (and time).

Easy solution for men wanting to compete with athletically inferior women.....make all sports unisex. In the spirit of true athletic competition...the cream rises to the top and the best play... period. Weaker athletes have to deal with that everyday.....why not women?

If people want to have separate women's sports that is fine......but they should have to stand on their own and self support/self fund and quit spending good money on a bad product. Matter of fact that isn't a bad idea for the men too....self suppport and self fund. If your sport does not generate enough interest to support itself. It will have to live with what it can raise and operate at that level.
I think the “ uni-sex” division is the answer for folks who have decided to change sex. Pretty simple. Sadly, it isn’t controversial enough to really argue about.

Explain to me why you want to support the trans side of this issue? There is no law, rule, or precedent to substantiate the wishes of such a very small minority at the expense of half of the U.S. population. Are you anti women?
You are really trying to say allowing trans women to play sports affect the entire female population? OK, I'll play along. Give me a % of the female population who play sports. Now give me the percentage that are high school and college age. You see where this is going, right?

Right now you have one college swimmer creating all this damage, right? This is the new boogeyman for the crazy people on the right. "Trans women will be taking our high school track medals!"

Why?

They are inferior athletes. Terrible waste of money (and time).

Easy solution for men wanting to compete with athletically inferior women.....make all sports unisex. In the spirit of true athletic competition...the cream rises to the top and the best play... period. Weaker athletes have to deal with that everyday.....why not women?

If people want to have separate women's sports that is fine......but they should have to stand on their own and self support/self fund and quit spending good money on a bad product. Matter of fact that isn't a bad idea for the men too....self suppport and self fund. If your sport does not generate enough interest to support itself. It will have to live with what it can raise and operate at that level.
This is an arguement for the end of scholastic sports. None of them are self funding. They are a part of education because we believe it has value to the kids and everyone should have access to it.

Honestly this doesn't add much to the conversation unless we can do an in depth study on trans girls times.

I do think we should be defaulting to not letting them compete in women's sports unless it can be shown through numerous peer reviewed studies that no athletic advantage exists.

Which is something I find unlikely since going through puberty as a boy would allow the trans female to have the advantage of height and longer legs. A longer stride is a pretty significant advantage in running.

You are really trying to say allowing trans women to play sports affect the entire female population? OK, I'll play along. Give me a % of the female population who play sports. Now give me the percentage that are high school and college age. You see where this is going, right?

Right now you have one college swimmer creating all this damage, right? This is the new boogeyman for the crazy people on the right. "Trans women will be taking our high school track medals!"
So all the girls and their parents that are outraged are republicans?

you gotta link backing that up ? Or maybe they transition to Republican scientifically once they complain.

So all the girls and their parents that are outraged are republicans?

you gotta link backing that up ? Or maybe they transition to Republican scientifically once they complain.
It's usually, if not always, republican lawmakers trying to advance their anti-trans bills thru state legislature.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Because 99% of the population doesn’t realize it’s an issue until someone tells them it’s an issue. And I already said I agree with the premise so just chill a bit.
if this is your attitude: it's a small number affected (trans athletes), then why are you concerned by those that are affected (biological females)?

Honestly this doesn't add much to the conversation unless we can do an in depth study on trans girls times.

I do think we should be defaulting to not letting them compete in women's sports unless it can be shown through numerous peer reviewed studies that no athletic advantage exists.

Which is something I find unlikely since going through puberty as a boy would allow the trans female to have the advantage of height and longer legs. A longer stride is a pretty significant advantage in running.
correct, which is why we don't see women transitioning to males that are setting records or even competing for that matter.

If kevin durant started to transition, does anyone doubt he could/would be able to dominate the WNBA? Take the best WNBA player and giver her testosterone, would she make it to the NBA or even D 3 for that matter. Doubtful

Does anyone think the cis-male to trans-female hormone therapy has a cringy, Soviet Bloc, East Germany doping vibe to it?

Fast forward to 2022 and doctors are taking males and "reverse doping" them to supposedly compete like females.

So now these engineered females competing against natural (cis, whatever) females is supposed to be accepted as fair. Sure, comrade.

Reactions: Tfxchawk and abby97
Does anyone think the cis-male to trans-female hormone therapy has a cringy, Soviet Bloc, East Germany doping vibe to it?

Fast forward to 2022 and doctors are taking males and "reverse doping" them to supposedly compete like females.

So now these engineered females competing against natural (cis, whatever) females is supposed to be accepted as fair. Sure, comrade.
This is not happening.

Why do you blame this on the right? My perspective is there are men's and women's sports for a reason. I could care less if a man wants to become a women or vice versa, none of my business. But why does that person feel the need to disrupt female athletics in the process? The rule should be if you are a man and choose to transition and you want to play competitive sports, you must participate against men. If you are a women transitioning to a man, you also need to participate against men. That is the only way women athletes will have a fair competitive environment.

Reactions: Chuck C
I’m pretty torn on this one honestly. I feel like it’s used as a massive boner inducing talking point for a lot of righties, “christians,” and anti-alphabeters - but it’s not really that pervasive so it’s hard to get inline with the massive level of butt hurt they express regarding the topic. That said, if my no pic daughters worked their tail off and got beat out by a trans-athlete post puberty, I’d be phucking outraged. Like the Iraqi guy meme outraged.

Is it a slippery slope? Or a passing fad? Hard to say, but we’ll need definitive guidance at some point if it keeps rearing its head as a problem.

Last edited:
This is not happening.
Umm ... why do you say that?

Hepatitis, heart disease, liver tumors, and liver cancer were among the consequences. Women who received injections or ingested synthetic testosterone also had physical side effects such as acne, deepened voices, excess growth of leg hair and pubic hair, and enlarged clitorises. Some female athletes gave birth to children with club feet or other defects.

So, it seems fair to label the opposite - administering drugs to block testosterone while administering estrogen - as "reverse doping."

But regardless, it's creepy as hell especially in the context of engineering a would-be female for competition.

Link

Why? Maybe the times are wrong.
apparently they aren't concerned with girls losing college scholarships.
I’m pretty torn on this one honestly. I feel like it’s used as a massive boner inducing talking point for a lot of righties, “christian’s,” and anti-alphabeters - but it’s not really that pervasive so it’s hard to get inline with the massive level of butt hurt they express regarding the topic. That said, if my no pic daughters worked their tail off and got beat out by a trans-athlete post puberty, I’d be phucking outraged. Like the Iraqi guy meme outraged.

Is it a slippery slope? Or a passing fad? Hard to say, but we’ll need definitive guidance at some point if it keeps rearing its head as a problem.
100% this.
Pat Forde's daughter swam in the olympics and swims for Stanford. She wrote a very thoughtful essay about being ok competing against Thomas.
Which is great and easy. She got to compete in the olympics, she competed in a fair NCAA swimming competition. Maybe she would feel different if she had been denied those opportunities by a superior athlete on her team.
The 16 girls on the penn team that spoke up after their athletic department spoke out of turn for them are the ones I feel for. If a guy switches genders and is immediately one of the top two in their field, then there's an issue.
No one every wants to touch the opposite. Why are there no great transgendered men? If we aren't concerned about a level playing field why don't women that are taking testosterone to become male get to compete against women?

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Male Athletics
a. biological males
b. biological males transitioning to female
c. biological females transitioning to male

You're allowed to transition,.. you're not allowed to gain an athletic advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT