ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion Whoops, we forgot women could still vote

Put no restrictions abortion on a ballot and it too will fail. People don't want the extreme ends on this issue. The voting will follow the belief of moderation on when one can be performed regardless of what the crazy people on each end of the spectrum try and push.

This underlines more than anything so far that the supreme court was right to turn the issue back to the states where it belongs. There will be federal legislation at some point but it isn't here yet

Remember the political parties raise too much money off this issue to want it resolved in a reasonable manner that most Americans can agree is the best option

Reactions: Rifler
Put no restrictions abortion on a ballot and it too will fail.
A very small minority is in favor of "no restrictions" abortions up to 35 weeks gestation.

However, the ~24 week limit set by Roe is widely popular. As is any abortion on demand when pregnancy complications set in.

Lots and lots of people are woefully uninformed on "fetal heartbeat" bills, because there is no heart at 6 weeks when cells start pulsing. And there are likewise many cases of non-viable fetuses with pulsing heart cells that must be aborted to prevent severe complications setting in for the pregnant woman.

You don't seem to want to recognize what a "landslide" vote is.
You seem incapable of differentiating b/w a vote on an amendment and a vote on a candidate.

58% is exactly as expected based on national average in a state where 56% of voters identify as part of a party other than republican (of which, still 38% generally support abortion).

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
No, I made no claim as such.

Simply that a 58+% victory is not "a close call"
Yet you keep comparing the results to presidential and congressional elections.... just acknowledge you understand they are not comparable.

And who used the term "close call"? No one. These results were incredibly predictable based on polling and amendment, in fact, 60% would've been unsurprising.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Not my point.

the RESULT is my point.
The result was incredibly predictable and very much in line with all polling data. Comparing it to congressional and presidential elections, as you have done, is irrelevant and pointless.

Put no restrictions abortion on a ballot and it too will fail. People don't want the extreme ends on this issue. The voting will follow the belief of moderation on when one can be performed regardless of what the crazy people on each end of the spectrum try and push.

This underlines more than anything so far that the supreme court was right to turn the issue back to the states where it belongs. There will be federal legislation at some point but it isn't here yet

Remember the political parties raise too much money off this issue to want it resolved in a reasonable manner that most Americans can agree is the best option
Lol…a woman’s right to bodily autonomy is extreme. That’s the problem. That kind of thinking.

Reactions: cigaretteman
🤦‍♂️
Read the thread...
I read it. What does the percentage of registered Republicans have to do with the political leanings of the state? The registered voters of that state overwhelmingly backed Trump regardless of their registration. Thanks to their overreach they got LOTS of new women voters who rejected them. That's significant.

I read it. What does the percentage of registered Republicans have to do with the political leanings of the state? The registered voters of that state overwhelmingly backed Trump regardless of their registration. Thanks to their overreach they got LOTS of new women voters who rejected them. That's significant.
What does the political affiliations of residents of the state have to do w/ political leanings of the state? Everything.

lol...everything? You have to be kidding? Did Trump only get 44% of the vote in Kansas?
Are you still thinking this was a presidential or congressional vote? Because it wasnt - it was a single issue vote that is absolutely in line with polling data. (apparently you did not read the thread because this thought process has already been walked through. Its a false equivalency)

Not the same as a primary election ballot.

Remember: pollsters take into account "public opinion" vs "likely voters".
I guess this discussion is going over your head. I was hopeful but not surprised discussing this with someone who tries to rationalize texting and driving.

Where are the "facts and raw data"? You're a fraud. Always have been.
Holy shit you actually did the laughing emoji and the juvenile insult. Out of pride alone I would've thought you would've refrained on this one at least. Again, i give you too much credit.

You've already been given the facts and raw data (voter registration breakdown) - you're just too hellbent on disagreeing at all costs and reading what isn't written, you can't comprehend what is written.

Holy shit you actually did the laughing emoji and the juvenile insult. Out of pride alone I would've thought you would've refrained on this one at least. Again, i give you too much credit.

You've already been given the facts and raw data (voter registration breakdown) - you're just too hellbent on disagreeing at all costs and reading what isn't written, you can't comprehend what is written.
Nope. You gave partial information and tried to pass it off as complete. You're a fraud, as everyone knows. You've been savaged in this thread and others for your foolishness. It would be wise for you to stop, but you can't because you are weak. You continue to demonstrate ignorance but carry on with your tirades - it's comical.

Nope. You gave partial information and tried to pass it off as complete. You're a fraud, as everyone knows. You've been savaged in this thread and others for your foolishness. It would be wise for you to stop, but you can't because you are weak. You continue to demonstrate ignorance but carry on with your tirades - it's comical.
What is 851,882 divided by 1,929,972?

ADVERTISEMENT