ADVERTISEMENT

Opposing coaches - Illinois

Who's the best Illinois coach of the last 20 years?

• Brett Bielema

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • Lovie Smith

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Tim Beckman

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Ron Zook

Votes: 37 40.2%

• Total voters

BonzoFury

HB All-American
Feb 4, 2022
Same question..this time with the Illni (leaving out the interim guys)

Same question..this time with the Illni (leaving out the interim guys)
Wow. Not alot to choose from there. I guess I'd go with Bert. Zook was a pretty good recruiter, but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. ( The George Raveling of Illinois football). I think Lovie was a father figure, but pretty meh... at coaching at the college level and building a staff. Beckman, pfff.. I guess Bert wins by default.....

Reactions: Hans81
Wow. Not alot to choose from there. I guess I'd go with Bert. Zook was a pretty good recruiter, but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. ( The George Raveling of Illinois football). I think Lovie was a father figure, but pretty meh... at coaching at the college level and building a staff. Beckman, pfff.. I guess Bert wins by default.....
Yeah, I'm looking at the ones who've had at least 4 coaches. Some seem pretty obvious but Fleck drew no votes despite having the best record. Too bad there's not a rank option, that might be a bit more interesting.

what about him? We're talking HCs. Boilers are up next! Place your vote!
I know. Tough vote for Illinois. I’ll vote Brohm for Purdue until Walter’s wins. He will be better I believe, but until I see it.

I don't know how Bert survives past this season, but maybe he will surprise.

Not sure who they would get to come coach there? Maybe from the Big 12 like a Gundy or Campbell or Aranda?

Last edited:
I don't know how Bert survives past this season, but maybe he will surprise.

Not sure who they would get to come coach there? Maybe from the Big 12 like a Gundy or Campbell or Aranda?
Lovie got 5 years with a worse record. I think Brett will too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT