ADVERTISEMENT

Ore-Idaho?

What are you talking about? When people run for the senate, the person who gets the most votes wins. Number of people represented has nothing to do with it.

I'm saying that the districts the the senators are elected in are not designed based upon population which leaves some senators representing barely more than half a million people while other senators represent more than 50 million people. A 100 times as many.

State senators all represent roughly the same number of people.

I'm saying that the districts the the senators are elected in are not designed based upon population which leaves some senators representing barely more than half a million people while other senators represent more than 50 million people. A 100 times as many.

State senators all represent roughly the same number of people.
Then you should be more clear. You stated the senate is not decided by popular vote, which is incorrect.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
I hate Portland and Seattle. And when the big one hits off the coast, I’ll be high and dry.

giphy.gif

Then you should be more clear. You stated the senate is not decided by popular vote, which is incorrect.

I should clarify that I ment the entirety of the senate. If you voted for 100 senators right now it is possible that 150 million people could vote for Democrats, 50 million for Republicans but the Senate turns out 50/50 or in Republican advantage. State Senates don't work that way.

We are going to Bend this summer. I spent a night there 25 years ago, and then another one 2 years ago. That place has changed a lot. I can't imagine the people of Bend would vote to make it harder on the people that own so much property, and spend so much money there.
We've been to Bend once, but it's not our thing. It's beautiful and has great beer, but seemed to be growing too fast. Traffic was hideous- 30 miles north of town it was still stop/ go, bumper to bumper. Seemed like lots of big $$ moving in.

If you're into hiking Smith Rock is pretty unique. If it's hot take lots of water- almost had to carry the wife out when we went.

The Deschutes has some excellent rafting year round since its spring fed.

Oregon has alot of wineries, as long as you like Pinot Noir. They have a few other varietals, but not many.

And Deschutes Brewing Co has a pretty fun tour.

Last edited:
Bend is a tale of two cities. On one side you have the new growth/money and on the other side you have...well meth.

Those are poor counties.

1543956886701.jpg
Sadly my section, the South, seems to have the most poverty. What are the causes of that? You would think the South, because of its poverty, would be overwhelmingly liberal but it's the opposite of that. Sometimes, we in the South, vote against our own economic interests. Is it the schools? Is it the demographics of the South?

ADVERTISEMENT