ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Area Daytime Carjacking & Murder

TC Nole OX

HB Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Urgent manhunt for suspects in fatal carjacking

Cellphone video captures Homestead woman being carjacked in Winter Springs

They say it didn't appear to be random, and she didn't have relatives in the area, so it sounds like they have an idea who targeted her?

They say it didn't appear to be random, and she didn't have relatives in the area, so it sounds like they have an idea who targeted her?
Maybe drug related?

Interesting how the guy used a fvcking machine gun to carjack a vehicle in broad daylight and later murder the driver, but he waited until the light turned green before driving away. I guess he didn’t want any additional points on his drivers license. Car insurance rates in Florida are crazy, man.

I just watched the video a second time and when the light turned green they proceeded to make a U-turn even though there is a sign clearly prohibiting U-turns at that intersection.

I think we’re dealing with psychopathic professionals here.

Maybe drug related?

Interesting how the guy used a fvcking machine gun to carjack a vehicle in broad daylight and later murder the driver, but he waited until the light turned green before driving away. I guess he didn’t want any additional points on his drivers license. Car insurance rates in Florida are crazy, man.
Probably didn't want to get steamrolled by a diesel pick up rolling coal on the cross street.
I am confused by the video, the green car drives off. At first I thought the gunman got out of that vehicle? Or, was that not shown in the videos? Did he come from another vehicle that is out of view.

I just watched the video a second time and when the light turned green they proceeded to make a U-turn even though there is a sign clearly prohibiting U-turns at that intersection.

I think we’re dealing with psychopathic professionals here.
Or, was that car involved, see my previous post. The make, model, and license plate are clearly visible in the video, so not much of a getaway in that car.

Probably didn't want to get steamrolled by a diesel pick up rolling coal on the cross street.
I am confused by the video, the green car drives off. At first I thought the gunman got out of that vehicle? Or, was that not shown in the videos? Did he come from another vehicle that is out of view.
If I understand correctly, the two suspects were originally in the green car and the victim was in the SUV. When the vehicles stopped at the light, one guy got out of the green car and commandeered the pickup, then they both drove away and later murdered the woman and burned the SUV with her body in it.

If I had to guess, the green car was probably stolen earlier as well. I doubt they would use their own vehicle to commit a crime like this.

Reactions: lucas80
I’m wondering if the “For Sale” sign on the back window is a clue, but I can’t calculate a scenario where they would kill her. If she had traveled to the area to sell them the Durango, she wouldn’t have cash, so there wouldn’t be any reason to carjack and kill her. And if she was the one buying the Durango then they would already have her cash so what would be the point of stealing it back and killing her, only to burn the SUV anyway?

If I understand correctly, the two suspects were originally in the green car and the victim was in the SUV. When the vehicles stopped at the light, one guy got out of the green car and commandeered the pickup, then they both drove away and later murdered the woman and burned the SUV with her body in it.

If I had to guess, the green car was probably stolen earlier as well. I doubt they would use their own vehicle to commit a crime like this.
Well, people are dumb. But, it's also another data point to track them. They should have both jumped out into the Durango.

I don't know the angle, but it is weird her reason for being there was to visit family, but police say no family. Look, people don't deserve to get carjacked and murdered, and to do this publicly like this suggests to me that she wasn't a target. If they were luring her, or she knew them, you agree to meet somewhere. The in public carjacking wouldn't fit that they all knew each other.

Reactions: TJ8869
I don't know the angle, but it is weird her reason for being there was to visit family, but police say no family. Look, people don't deserve to get carjacked and murdered, and to do this publicly like this suggests to me that she wasn't a target. If they were luring her, or she knew them, you agree to meet somewhere. The in public carjacking wouldn't fit that they all knew each other.
I don’t know the angle either, but I just read a separate article that says investigators found 12 shell casings in the burned out Durango. Clearly these guys were pissed off about something.

Still no suspects identified. Tv station video headline is somewhat misleading. Video itself provides latest update. It includes mention of the suspects car ramming the rear bumper of the victims car multiple times before they stopped at the light.

2 Winter Springs carjacking suspect on the run after Florida woman's car torched

Last edited:
Sheriff’s department update today

'Rare ammo': Missing Florida woman found dead in torched SUV after ‘possible carjacking’

Updates from the Seminole County sheriff…..will add as I watch

Green car has been recovered

Sheriff gave lengthy explanation of car’s title history which I initially found puzzling

Car has been driven around unregistered since February with various stolen tags

Tow truck driver who previously towed the green car was later murdered in Orange County

They still have not identified the occupants of the green car in either murder case

Orange County deputy was arrested last night by Seminole County deputies. Sheriff is giving lengthy explanation about this. Arrested Orange deputy knows the Homestead victim’s husband. Illegally accessed the state database of police officers. Charged with 5 felonies

Tow truck driver shot last week. Green car was towed around 3 weeks earlier and was later released by tow lot. Sheriff believes same green car was present when tow truck driver was shot. Many shots were fired in tow truck driver murder.

Lots of instances of friends being referred to as family

Sheriff says murdered woman’s husband is being cooperative but he believes he knows a lot more than he is sharing. Woman called husband while car was being rammed. “He went 2 hours without calling anyone”

Husband is not currently a person of interest

100 rounds fired….guessing this is the tow truck driver murder

Arrested Orange deputy took picture of Seminole County detective from state database and sent that to husband of murdered woman

Seminole county detectives investigating this case now have protection for their own personal safety

This case is nuts

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chuck C and ericram
Deadly Winter Springs carjacking linked to Orange County shooting, arrest of deputy, officials say

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: lucas80
Tow truck business owner among victims in crimes linked to Seminole County carjacking

Everything to know: Deadly Seminole carjacking linked to 2nd murder, deputy's arrest

So, he's a friend of the husband and trying to get some details to give to the husband, and not connected to the murder? That's what I was getting out of that.

He logged into the state police database of officers and sent the lead investigator’s photo and home address to the husband of the woman who was carjacked and murdered by 10 gunshots and her car set on fire. He is charged with 5 felonies and is being held without bond.

He logged into the state police database of officers and sent the lead investigator’s photo and home address to the husband of the woman who was carjacked and murdered by 10 gunshots and her car set on fire. He is charged with 5 felonies and is being held without bond.

That's a REALLY thin blue ine.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Another half hour long press conference from the Seminole County Sheriff this afternoon

From a quick scan of the comments, it appears the husband sent the now dead wife to Orlando to take part in a drug deal he arranged from Miami

WATCH LIVE: Seminole County sheriff updates public on brazen carjacking, homicide case

Good summary here

It appears that 2 of the 3 people involved are in custody

Sheriff announces arrest of person of interest in deadly abduction of Homestead woman

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT