ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Trader de-committing

Odd timing…. Probably a week or two away from moving to IC. Maybe he got cold feet about leaving home. His twitter seems to be all Iowa related dating back to December or so.
Oh well…

He just “liked” a reply to his tweet that said “aka I need more $”
Our first NIL casualty
He liked a lot of tweets so who knows. I think you have to have more stars or offers to be expecting any real NIL $$. Neb had offered him so maybe there was NIL from there. Neb could be an interesting school in regards to NIL.

He liked a lot of tweets so who knows. I think you have to have more stars or offers to be expecting any real NIL $$. Neb had offered him so maybe there was NIL from there. Neb could be an interesting school in regards to NIL.
True, I wouldn’t know the exact reason and probably never will. Just seemed odd to me that you like a few “good luck” tweets and that.
I guess we’ll find out soon enough depending on where he lands if someone came to him with a deal or not.
I think it is interesting what 3* type guys will demand in the open market. He may well be a star in college or the NFL but it’s not like he had tons of offers or interest from big time schools.
I’m sure when asked KF/Phil probably tell recruits something like “play your way into NIL money with results on the field” or something to that effect. Some don’t want to hear that though.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Odd timing…. Probably a week or two away from moving to IC. Maybe he got cold feet about leaving home. His twitter seems to be all Iowa related dating back to December or so.
Oh well…
Not sure if its a NIL thing. Might not have qualified with the clearinghouse. End of the school year, last ACT test coming in.... Pure speculation though

What a mess. It would be like Nebraska to target a signed player, whom you almost know will successful if the Iowa DB room pegged him, to try and steal him.

NIL needs a massive reconstruction.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
What a mess. It would be like Nebraska to target a signed player, whom you almost know will successful if the Iowa DB room pegged him, to try and steal him.

NIL needs a massive reconstruction.
Y'all acting like he's done elite talent lol. I'm sure he'll fail and pp will find someone else to make rich :)

Reactions: desihawk
You just now figured that out? Welcome to the wild wild west my friend. Careful not to step in the steaming piles all over the place.
This has nothing to do with the transfer rule. Iowa has released guys from their LOI before. Jalen Hunt comes to mind.

Usually some type of extenuating circumstances follow, whether it be grades (doubtful in this case) or personal life/reasons.

This has nothing to do with the transfer rule. Iowa has released guys from their LOI before. Jalen Hunt comes to mind.

Usually some type of extenuating circumstances follow, whether it be grades (doubtful in this case) or personal life/reasons.
Not directly - but any savvy coach is gonna release a player. Why keep someone on the roster, using a scholly, when you know they don't want to be there and will just transfer at the earliest opportunity with impunity? You could be a dick I guess, but then you look bad to future recruits..

They may not be able to "transfer" after signing an LOI, but the ability to have a free transfer as soon as they set foot on campus makes the net effect the same as if they could.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT