ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Game Tomorrow

Fyi - Heard that Patrick was back at practice. Not sure if he is available or not.

Does the blackout of Fox 18 on DirecTV include the entire country or is it only regionalized? I haven't had Fox 18 since late November. Live in Moline, Il.

OSU's next two games are at Illini and at IU so they know their season is on the brink.
Hawks have been icing for 7 days and likely to come out sluggish and out of kilter early.

Reactions: iahawks10
It is shaping up like a perfect storm for OSU as the heat is ratcheting up on Chris Holtmann, they have dropped five games in a row and Iowa game is in Columbus. Iowa will have to play exceptionally well to come out with a W. JMO

Huge Quad 1 opportunity for the Hawks

And what the hell; lets get Holman fired while we're at it. ;)

Reactions: warriors dad
Huge Quad 1 opportunity for the Hawks

And what the hell; lets get Holman fired while we're at it. ;)
We've done it before to OSU.

"Iowa Cooks Earl's Bruce" read the CR Gazette's headline, long time ago, of course.

Maybe "Iowa Men Halt Holtmann" ... nah, not as good. Anyway, all I hope for is an Iowa W!

(Btw, it was of course the Marv Cook game the headline was referring to, making it doubly clever)

Reactions: Bee93
OSU is very physical, and the Hawks will need to deal with that. Hope we get a decent zebra crew, and come out hot. Key will be a handful around the basket, and I hope Rebraca can stay out of foul trouble. Sensabaugh (Freshman star) can go off, and I would guess that will be Connor's assignment. They have been struggling running their offense, and if we run our stuff, stay out of foul trouble, and play physical on both ends, we should be the better team. I expect a close game.

Reactions: AlvySinger
OSU is very physical, and the Hawks will need to deal with that. Hope we get a decent zebra crew, and come out hot. Key will be a handful around the basket, and I hope Rebraca can stay out of foul trouble. Sensabaugh (Freshman star) can go off, and I would guess that will be Connor's assignment. They have been struggling running their offense, and if we run our stuff, stay out of foul trouble, and play physical on both ends, we should be the better team. I expect a close game.
I assume some scrub averaging 2pts a game will go off for 20 against us.

Reactions: intrepodor
McNeill is the player to watch our outside defense and rotations are not great

Just heard on The B1G Show if OSU loses today for the 6th time in a row it will be their longest such streak in 25 years.

Think we're all, team included, willing to oblige?

It is shaping up like a perfect storm for OSU as the heat is ratcheting up on Chris Holtmann, they have dropped five games in a row and Iowa game is in Columbus. Iowa will have to play exceptionally well to come out with a W. JMO
Kind of game Iowa loses by one possession. Be ahead the whole game and then lose.

Either that, or they will crumble, but I expect OSU to come out ready to play. Iowa usually seems to play well at their place, though.

I expect a tight game.
Probably will be too close for comfort and I also expect a certain amount of iffy calls that dictates the outcome.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
That’s where you push through and don’t let the refs win. It can be done.
Great advice but all I need to look back to is the game at Rutgers last year. Green was having no part of IOWA walking out of the RAC with a W.

Too many games with the same stripes making questionable calls to remember them all over the years. And it’s not necessarily the amount of calls, it’s the timing of them.

Okay. We lost. So what is now lost other than the game?
All games are a must win.

If the desperation of a must win causes you to play better, as it clearly did OSU, why not play that way all the time?

It's not like the Hawks are a lock for the Dance. Their resume' may not be able to handle a poor finish to the season. You never know, Kris' foot could flare up again, and the Hawks struggle. I'm not going to say a bad seed seals the Hawks' fate. But certainly the best seed possible allows for making a run to be more possible.

Pretty good chance Iowa loses one of its next three home games. Illinois is not a good matchup for the Hawks now that Dainja is emerging. No road win will be easy to come by. Had to have that winnable one at OSU

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT