ADVERTISEMENT

OSU lands #1 QB in 2024 class.

hawkjt

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2004
Yesterday tOSU got a commitment from Dylan Raola (sp) the #1 rated QB in 2024 class.
His father was a great o lineman for Nebraska.
Nebraska hired his uncle this year as o line coach and had high hopes of landing Dylan themselves but could not beat juggernaut OSU.

NIL will probably be lucrative for him down the road.
Yesterday is apparently a cut off date of sorts on NCAA monitoring NIL deals going forward.
Coincidence that he commits on that date? Hmmmmmm....

Last edited:
Yesterday OSU got a commitment from Dylan Raola (sp) the #1 rated QB in 2024 class.
Nebraska hired his uncle this year as o line coach and had high hopes of landing Dylan themselves but could not beat juggernaut OSU.

Yesterday is apparently a cut off date of sorts on NCAA monitoring NIL deals going forward.
Husker fans thought they had a good chance of landing him. Darn it!

Yesterday tOSU got a commitment from Dylan Raola (sp) the #1 rated QB in 2024 class.

I attended the Nebraska football camp one year with a group of friends and was doing some 1 v1 OL/DL drills. Went up against this kid from Hawaii for the very first rep. A couple Nebby coaches came over to our drill to watch my specific rep. Problem was, I sure as hell knew they weren’t watching me. Turns out this big Hawaiian kid was none other than uncle Donovan. Dude kicked the shit out of me—never been manhandled like that in my life. My friends sure enjoyed giving me hell about it, and to be honest, I’d have made fun of my woeful inadequacy too. Good times.

I suspect Donovan kicked everybody's butt at camps. I believe he made the NFL.
Probably be a good o line coach and recruiter.
If Frost craps out these coaches might be looking for jobs next year.....hmmm.

There is much truth to this statement. Kids go to the money and then don’t develop or get beat out only to enter the portal later.
this will be the way.
Justin Fields....CJ Stroud and you really think Ryan Day isn't going to develop this kid...lol He's the only QB OSU is taking for 2024 and 2023, so after Devin Brown, Raiola will not have any competition.

Well least Nebraska pursued this highly ranked legacy this time. Unlike Joe Burrow who they didn't recruit out of HS or when he transferred from OSU. Considering OSU's success rate last decade plus can't blame the kid one bit. Minus maybe Bama, Clemson or USC now with Lincoln Riley probably best place for QB to go.

Justin Fields....CJ Stroud and you really think Ryan Day isn't going to develop this kid...lol He's the only QB OSU is taking for 2024 and 2023, so after Devin Brown, Raiola will not have any competition.
Ryan Day develop or put him around ungodly athletes at WR and RB?

Reactions: LampoonYou
Damn NIL. You didn't see all those blue chips ending up at OSU before NIL ruined everything!!
I realize this is tongue in cheek but I did read an article recently that said the almost all of the major CF powers like Alabama, Georgia, OSU, and Clemson do not push booster / supporters' NIL deals instead telling a HS superstar that the NIL money will be there once they prove themselves - at that school - on the field. Most of the crazy NIL money to HS recruits is coming from boosters of schools that have been out of the limelight for awhile.

OSU is also pushing their ability to develop players - especially on offense - and getting them ready for the NFL and that NFL money far exceeds the NIL money they can get from some of these lesser CF schools up front. And almost all of these high-4 and 5 star kids are confident of their ability and are buying into this logic

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT