ADVERTISEMENT

OSU lands #1 QB in 2024 class.

I realize this is tongue in cheek but I did read an article recently that said the almost all of the major CF powers like Alabama, Georgia, OSU, and Clemson do not push booster / supporters' NIL deals instead telling a HS superstar that the NIL money will be there once they prove themselves - at that school - on the field. Most of the crazy NIL money to HS recruits is coming from boosters of schools that have been out of the limelight for awhile.

OSU is also pushing their ability to develop players - especially on offense - and getting them ready for the NFL and that NFL money far exceeds the NIL money they can get from some of these lesser CF schools up front. And almost all of these high-4 and 5 star kids are confident of their ability and are buying into this logic
I will say, I respect that some of the schools you would THINK would be shady about NIL, don’t appear to be at all.

A&M, Miami, Tennessee, USC…those don’t surprise me, and I’ll make a gentleman’s wager that those schools will combine for 0.0 NC’s in the next 25 years.

Reactions: wolve1972
Kind of excited & kind of ashamed to admit I spent a couple super drunk weekends on Memorial Day in Okoboji in my early 20s….

What an excess of debauchery…🫠
Thank you internet! I had completely forgotten about the University of Okoboji and the Fighting Phantoms.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT