ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Ticket Advice

BaldHawk4Life

All-Conference
Jan 27, 2019
My wife and I are in need of two tickets to the game in Columbus in October. Outside of scalping - does anybody have experience or advice on the best method of tickets? It appears that the single game tickets went on sale 6/24 and I missed it. Is the ‘Shoe a fan friendly stadium if we are not able to get in an Iowa section? Any thoughts are welcome, thank you!

It's a huge stadium...lots of tradition...pageantry...they sing Carmen Ohio before the game...entire stadium...so it's kind of a cool tradition. Then the band dotting the "I" is ok. The only downside to the whole environment from what I could tell is that it's full of Ohio State fans...so...there's that.

Ohio State fans have that "Iowa has no right playing with us" attitude...so when you are pounding them 55-24...it's because of bad coaching, not that their players are getting their asses handed to them. It's like they really don't give your team the credit they deserve for executing a game plan...somehow there is something else in play. (Iowa's loud stadium, our players had a hard time getting up for Iowa, targeting calls ACTUALLY being called)...etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawks4Life86
The shoe is great. Loud. Buy tix on stubhub so you can sit where you want. I sat on the 30 yard line behind the iowa bench the last time iowa was there. Rudock was the QB😂

It's a huge stadium...lots of tradition...pageantry...they sing Carmen Ohio before the game...entire stadium...so it's kind of a cool tradition. Then the band dotting the "I" is ok. The only downside to the whole environment from what I could tell is that it's full of Ohio State fans...so...there's that.

Ohio State fans have that "Iowa has no right playing with us" attitude...so when you are pounding them 55-24...it's because of bad coaching, not that their players are getting their asses handed to them. It's like they really don't give your team the credit they deserve for executing a game plan...somehow there is something else in play. (Iowa's loud stadium, our players had a hard time getting up for Iowa, targeting calls ACTUALLY being called)...etc.
It's okay since that year convinced Urban Meyer to abandon his running QB offense and go with a modern NFL passing attack, which OSU is now going to be producing first round QBs and WRs every few years.

You won't have problems with Ohio Stadium but this is going to be a good game so getting cheap tickets will be hard so if you find something decent you should get them ASAP. This will be a sold out game.

The shoe is great. Loud. Buy tix on stubhub so you can sit where you want. I sat on the 30 yard line behind the iowa bench the last time iowa was there. Rudock was the QB😂
Stubhub. You’ll pay a premium but you’re protected from the scammers.
The shoe is a bitch. Only place i can think of besides the rose bowl i haven’t gone and seen a iowa win. Had the chance to watch keith byers run for what seemed like 700 yards one game.
Took a couple trips elsewhere to see a win but i’ve given up on the shoe (0-2).

Was there in 2013. Fans were friendly that were around us. Didn’t have any negative interactions the whole day.

Are you a Hawkeye season ticket holder? You can request road tickets until July 22nd.

I have a similar ticket package as I did for the CCG. Rather then post it all here, if you’re interested let me know and I’ll provide details. I’m not making any money on this, same as I did for the Indianapolis CCG trip.

I have a similar ticket package as I did for the CCG. Rather then post it all here, if you’re interested let me know and I’ll provide details. I’m not making any money on this, same as I did for the Indianapolis CCG trip.
Definitely interested! I’m not sure how to DM on this site but if you could send information that would be great! Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT