ADVERTISEMENT

OSU to Nat’l Title game

I'm done caring about Ohio State making the playoffs. They're not gonna win it anyway, so there is no sense getting worked up about it.

"Oh okay, Monkey, just because you dont think they'e gonna win doesn't mean they won't, because everyone that makes it has a chance."

Uh-huh...........but what I said wasn't an opinion.

So it COULD happen that Ohio State wins the national championship after losing to Iowa 55-24. Wouldn't THAT be interesting....

Reactions: naturalmwa
Personally, I would question the committee if tOSU wins out and makes the playoffs, unless there is a lot of teams with 2 losses. I mean, they got pasted by Iowa. LOL I'm sure it was just because of the Pink locker room, and that probably holds weight with the committee.

Ohio State is the only team in the BIG conference that could beat Bama. That said they don't deserve a shot over any of the one loss teams. I don't want two SEC teams in either.

I know UCF has no quality wins but if they go undefeated they deserve a shot over a team with two losses. Sorry Bucko fans you got waxed twice, enjoy the Cotton Bowl.

Personally, I would question the committee if tOSU wins out and makes the playoffs, unless there is a lot of teams with 2 losses. I mean, they got pasted by Iowa. LOL I'm sure it was just because of the Pink locker room, and that probably holds weight with the committee.
They lost by 18 at hone earky in the season to a possible contender and by 31 late in the season to a non contender. No way in hell they should nake the playoff

You're saying one loss WI would deserve a bid over OSU? The only other candidate in the scenario OP laid out was Miami.
Is that one loss to Ohio State? If so then no, they didn't win their conference and had an incredibly easy schedule with no quality wins( unless you count Michigan with a probable four losses.).

I'm speaking of Miami, Georgia , Clemson or Oklahoma. I know if Ohio State wins out they will still be strongly considered as a conference champion with two blowout losses and one quality win over Wisconsin.

Like I've said they have the talent to beat anybody but they don't deserve the shot.

If they win out they will be a two loss BIG10 Champion - they will never leave out the BIG10 champion...especially in a year with so many other 2 loss contenders. I think its more likely that Wisconsin wins out though.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
No one in Big Ten will make the CFP. Wisconsin can go 13-0 and win the Big Ten Conference Championship game and they will still
not go. Ohio State with 2 losses will not even have a chance.

Better anyway as no one in the Big Ten belongs in the top 4 they would get embarrassed.

If they win out they will be a two loss BIG10 Champion - they will never leave out the BIG10 champion...especially in a year with so many other 2 loss contenders. I think its more likely that Wisconsin wins out though.
What about last year?

No one in Big Ten will make the CFP. Wisconsin can go 13-0 and win the Big Ten Conference Championship game and they will still
not go. Ohio State with 2 losses will not even have a chance.

Better anyway as no one in the Big Ten belongs in the top 4 they would get embarrassed.
I've said this before- the day ANY undefeated CC gets left out of a playoff (p5) will be the day the playoff, As they are now, will end. If an undefeated Wisky is left out Jim Delaneys head will explode.

I've said this before- the day ANY undefeated CC gets left out of a playoff (p5) will be the day the playoff, As they are now, will end. If an undefeated Wisky is left out Jim Delaneys head will explode.
If they win out they make, and probably as the 2 seed, maybe the 3

Reactions: 1711 Cardiff
They lost by 18 at hone earky in the season to a possible contender and by 31 late in the season to a non contender. No way in hell they should nake the playoff
Ya agree, plus they got blown out by clemson 31 - 0 in da playoffs lasta year. No way they should get benefit of da doubt.

If Wisconsin wins out, they will get in. Probably the only way a Big 10 team can get in. I would take a couple of those other 2 loss teams before Ohio State.

You're saying one loss WI would deserve a bid over OSU? The only other candidate in the scenario OP laid out was Miami.

In previous years the football talking heads have made much of "the body of work" argument when trying to justify why a given blue blood program should get in over an upstart. Even eschewing head to head results.

Say that osu nips wisky in the b10 champ game...I wonder how many will come to the defense of Bucky, using that same argument. (Btw, I personally favor head to head as criteria, I am annoyed though by those that trot out the body of work line.)

It’s not just a matter of “Well, Ohio State has two losses but the playoff committee wants to see them in the Final Four, so let’s put them there!”

If OSU wins out and gets in with two losses it’s highly dependent on what other teams do. They won’t be getting in over any one loss P5 Champion. They won’t get in over a one loss Alabama or Oklahoma non-Conference Champion. They only have a chance get in if Alabama, Oklahoma, and Miami wins out and then it’s still not a clear cut path over a two loss Notre Dame or USC Conference Champion.

If that were it happen then it would ride on subjectivity regardless of which of those so called blue blood programs get the final spot. In OSU’s favor is that Oklahoma was an early loss against one of the top teams in the country, and outside of a bad loss to Iowa, they haven’t just won but have been dominating. A factor in subjective judgement. It wouldn’t be unreasonable for them to get in if the season plays out a certain way, any more than it would be unreasonable if they didn’t.

Auburn is going to beat Bama, Bama will still get in. Ohio St will need Oklahoma to go down and Miami to beat Clemson to have any chance.

ADVERTISEMENT