ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs Bama

As much as I'm tired of Bama, tOSU's sense of entitlement prevents me from rooting for them to win anything.

Is it the case that OSU will be without a significant portion of it's team? I'd seen rumors but don't know if valid.

If yes I'd be a HEAVY Bama lean/cover.

As much as I'm tired of Bama, tOSU's sense of entitlement prevents me from rooting for them to win anything.
Sense of entitlement...care to explain? I just don’t get that at all from them this year. This is probably one of the more likable and humble teams they’ve had in years. The SEC has a sense of entitlement as they think all 4 playoff teams should come from that conference.

Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
Sense of entitlement...care to explain? I just don’t get that at all from them this year. This is probably one of the more likable and humble teams they’ve had in years. The SEC has a sense of entitlement as they think all 4 playoff teams should come from that conference.

OSU tried to trademark the word "the".

Reactions: tumorboy
I agree with most of your points, but the B10 changed their own rules so tOSU could participate in the first place.

Reactions: The Tradition
A sense of entitlement runs deep through both programs but only Alabama has Nick Sabin...

I have only watched the OSU v. Clemson game and, although Clemson had the worst game plan since Mark Richt was calling recruits for GA while calling high school plays against Oklahoma, OSU looked pretty stacked and Justin Fields seems like one of those intangible quarterbacks.

I haven't watched a minute of college football this year and I won't start tonight. Couldn't muster any enthusiasm for the sport. Hopefully next year is better,

If Steadman Shealey were still the QB for Alabama I'd be rooting for the Crimson tide. However, he graduated in 1980.

I will never root for tOSU Buckeyes. However, I will root for the Big Ten in this particular matchup.

Big Ten wins by 8 tonight.

Reactions: goldmom
I agree with most of your points, but the B10 changed their own rules so tOSU could participate in the first place.
It was still the right thing to do. If they had benefitted from playing fewer games and won the division only because of playing fewer games then I would say it was wrong. But they beat everyone they played, including the team that would have gone in their place. They still would have been division champs even if they had played and lost a sixth game.

Reactions: goldmom

One detail that I consider relevant:

When the Big Ten commissioner announced that there would be no football this past season, based on a vote of the member schools, there were three schools opposed to that decision. (Iowa, Nebraska, and tOSU if I recall things correctly.)

tOSU was one of the three that wanted to play. They argued for there being a season. After that, the Ohio State University did everything they possibly could to play during a pandemic year even though the rules on all levels were quite fluid and revised frequently.

I personally considered that those three schools had a little more skin in the game (They were going to be hammered through bad public relations if the decision to play worked out badly. Had this turned out to be a plague year; 1347 or so) their programs, coaches, AD's etc. would have been doomed.

In short, Ohio State had standing to argue for that particular rules change.

I took Bama after thinking this:

The line against ND was 18 and ND covered. People look back and think that made it a “good/ close game”. Sure BAMA didn't cover...but it was NEVER close. And BAMA played bad. And that was one of their lowest lines. I’ll lay the 8.5 and love with it. If I took OSU it would have been on the moneyline.

@Greenway4Prez

OVER 38 first half
Bama-8.5
Fields OVER 22.5 completions (-125)
Devonte Smith UNDER 8.5 receptions
Justin Fields first pass INCOMPLETE +185
Funny..
Over 38 1st half
fOSU ML +260
Fields U 23.5 Completions (+120)
O 74.5
Keep an eye on Waddle to see if he plays then bet Bama's 4th string WR u48.5 REC yards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT