ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Alabama @ Texas -- Bama making mistakes

Beattheohiostate

HR All-State
Aug 5, 2022
phoenix, AZ
Alabama just jumped offside on defense. They've had motion penalties and a couple personal fouls. They've dropped some big passes. They just let Texas loose for a 20-yard run thanks to several missed tackles. Texas' second-string QB just hit a wide open receiver for a 30-yard gain with 22 seconds to go in the half of a 10-10 game.

Pass interference, Alabama, with 12 seconds to go in the half. Second straight pass interference call on Bama, this one IN the end zone. Texas first and goal from the two with 8 seconds to go. Missed on a pass. Hooked the FG on the final play of the half. Should've gone for the TD. 10-10 at the half. Alabama looks quite human. How 'about that?

A rare day when I'm a Texas fan.

Alabama just jumped offside on defense. They've had motion penalties and a couple personal fouls. They've dropped some big passes. They just let Texas loose for a 20-yard run thanks to several missed tackles. Texas' second-string QB just hit a wide open receiver for a 30-yard gain with 22 seconds to go in the half of a 10-10 game.

Pass interference, Alabama, with 12 seconds to go in the half. Second straight pass interference call on Bama, this one IN the end zone. Texas first and goal from the two with 8 seconds to go. Missed on a pass. Hooked the FG on the final play of the half. Should've gone for the TD. 10-10 at the half. Alabama looks quite human. How 'about that?
Outside of the first drive and long run, Alabama has almost looked Iowa-level clueless on offense. Almost. Lol. Defense hasn’t been much better.

Bama wasn’t good on the road last year and it looks like this season is following a similar pattern.

Outside of the first drive and long run, Alabama has almost looked Iowa-level clueless on offense. Almost. Lol. Defense hasn’t been much better.

Bama wasn’t good on the road last year and it looks like this season is following a similar pattern.

I heard that on the broadcast with Gus Johnson they haven’t played well at all.. wouldn’t mind seeing Texas upset Alabama… is Texas even ranked thus far?

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
My 8th grader and I just had that conversation. He said Alabama wouldn’t even fall out of the top five, I agreed and added Texas would probably be top 10.
Obviously if Texas wins they are the number 1 team in the country and Alabama is number 2. I can't even believe there is a debate on any other pecking order. Texas is back! Again. This time we're serious. For real.

Such a horrible call against Texas defense.

ridiculous game changing call. If you have review it should be used in all cases.

just awful.

Reactions: HFan1981
Should have been a safety, either with the shin being down or the hold in the back of the endzone. Refs fooked that up big time.

Blindside block on ‘Bama this time.
Mental mistakes can really come back and bite you in games like this.

…….how is it possible that a backup QB is having some success against a team like Alabama? We’ve been assured that only the starter is able to move the ball against FCS schools.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Figured there was a thread on this game. I just turned it on. So Texas is ahead late with a backup quarterback? Who I watched just run for a first on 2nd and 19 after evading pressure, pump faking to pause a linebacker, and taking off? If this is another all day Petrash disaster day I'm gonna lose it after watching that for the first offensive play of football I've seen all day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT