ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bama adds 3 bowl teams to non con schedule

Not sure which one of their 4 OOC games isn't a bowl team. Not that it matters when those teams are Western Carolina, Southern Miss, Duke, and New Mexico State.

Sort of like Iowa this year. Who would have thought North Texas, Wyoming, and ISU all go to bowls. There is a good chance that all of those teams may be terrible in 2019. Even if they aren't, they'll be mediocre at best.

Please remember that about three-fourths of FBS teams go to bowls. "Going to a bowl" is a meaningless achievement when there are over 40 of them. But I must admit that Saban has put together a real gauntlet of non-con games, although he did drop mighty Mercer... :rolleyes:

I'm SO sick of Saban and Alabama. Somebody, please, DO something. o_O

Please remember that about three-fourths of FBS teams go to bowls. "Going to a bowl" is a meaningless achievement when there are over 40 of them. But I must admit that Saban has put together a real gauntlet of non-con games, although he did drop mighty Mercer... :rolleyes:

I'm SO sick of Saban and Alabama. Somebody, please, DO something. o_O
saban-vader-1.jpg

Alabama, before Saban arrived there, was hot garbage.

Sooner or later, Saban is going to leave or retire. Chances are, it'll probably occur in the next roughly 5-6 years. I'm betting whomever they replace him with ain't going to be as successful.

The Mt. Rushmore's always fall eventually. Some of them yet today are trying to get back to where they were when I was younger.

Sort of like Iowa this year. Who would have thought North Texas, Wyoming, and ISU all go to bowls. There is a good chance that all of those teams may be terrible in 2019. Even if they aren't, they'll be mediocre at best.
Lol I forgot ISU went to a bowl this year.

That's how irrelevant they are.

:cool:

Reactions: naturalmwa
And all four of them will be home games for Alabamy, 8 home games every year. Has not played an away game above the Mason Dixon line for 20 years.
No that is Florida. 1992 Syracuse.

Alabama played at Penn State a few years ago, I believe.

Do you really think that anyone noticed the Iowa football team around the country this year?

Iowa State got lots of attention this past year because they are historically one of the worst football programs in Division I. If not getting noticed lets us avoid that stigma, I'm all for it.

Do you really think that anyone noticed the Iowa football team around the country this year?

Iowa St. had their best season in forever, beat two top 10 teams, and yet Iowa was still more relevant to the country and media this year just by being in the Big Ten and beating Ohio St.

In the grand scheme of things neither of us had significant seasons, but the country is just as surprised at Iowa St. making a bowl game as Iowa missing a bowl game.

Not sure which one of their 4 OOC games isn't a bowl team. Not that it matters when those teams are Western Carolina, Southern Miss, Duke, and New Mexico State.

Of those four maybe, just maybe, Duke will get a return game. Like everybody else Bama wants to load up on home games. Their athletic department has bills to pay too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT