ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bob Bowlsby comes full circle

David Harris accomplished nothing while at UNI, and has landed a new gig off the success of coaches he didn't even hire. It seems like UNI was always just a stepping stone for his career.

The timing for his departure and Bowlsby coming in couldn't be better with several key projects up in the air. Bob is a stable force with good connections. He loves UNI and understands what the athletic department can and should be striving for.

Hopefully this will right the ship and set the next AD up for success.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
David Harris accomplished nothing while at UNI, and has landed a new gig off the success of coaches he didn't even hire. It seems like UNI was always just a stepping stone for his career.

The timing for his departure and Bowlsby coming in couldn't be better with several key projects up in the air. Bob is a stable force with good connections. He loves UNI and understands what the athletic department can and should be striving for.

Hopefully this will right the ship and set the next AD up for success.
I kinda wish Farley would hang it up and let fresh blood in there.

I kinda wish Farley would hang it up and let fresh blood in there.
I don't think he (or any UNI fan) would have wanted Harris to hire his replacement. Mark has been coaching with one hand tied behind his back, serving as a cash cow for the department as much as a football program.

If UNI was allowed to run football like the successful FCS programs in our conference and around the country, I think he might be viewed a little differently.

Reactions: pistachio1999
I don't think he (or any UNI fan) would have wanted Harris to hire his replacement. Mark has been coaching with one hand tied behind his back, serving as a cash cow for the department as much as a football program.

If UNI was allowed to run football like the successful FCS programs in our conference and around the country, I think he might be viewed a little differently.
6 teams made the playoffs from the Valley. UNI couldn’t even muster that.

Getting demolished by Iowa State didn’t cause that.

I don't know the circumstances or what has changed to cause them to miss the last 2 years.

6 teams made the playoffs from the Valley. UNI couldn’t even muster that.

Getting demolished by Iowa State didn’t cause that.
5 teams from the MVFC are in the playoffs. UNI finished 3rd in the conference.

NDSU and SDSU played 7 home games.
South Dakota, Youngstown played 6 home games.

UNI had 5 home games. Next year UNI only has 4 scheduled home games, and has to travel to both Hawaii and Nebraska. That's not setting your team up to succeed.

I always root for UNI. I think its natural in a small Midwest state to take interest in FCS ball. Im surprised they aren't more competitive. Iowa borders a ton of states and you'd think in at least FCS ball that'd help talent wise.

5 teams from the MVFC are in the playoffs. UNI finished 3rd in the conference.

NDSU and SDSU played 7 home games.
South Dakota, Youngstown played 6 home games.

UNI had 5 home games. Next year UNI only has 4 scheduled home games, and has to travel to both Hawaii and Nebraska. That's not setting your team up to succeed.
I get it. Taking the abuse to harvest $. Although Hawaii!!! I'd take that punishment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT