ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Brady Hoke fires his OC at San Diego State

Beattheohiostate

All-Conference
Aug 5, 2022
phoenix, AZ
"According to reports, San Diego State University offensive coordinator Jeff Hecklinski has been fired after his team's loss to Boise State. San Diego State head coach Brady Hoke made the call on the firing on Saturday. The Aztecs are now 2-3 on the season. San Diego State's offense has been pretty dismal this season.

"The Aztecs had just 113 yards against Boise State. The program has the No. 131 ranked passing offense and 126th ranked total offense in the country."

[My note: That total offense figure puts the Aztecs a few spots ahead of Iowa's 130th ranked group.]

Here's a story: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...inator-jeff-hecklinski-brady-hoke-jeff-horton

So it appears that football powerhouses like SD State and former Michigan head coach Brady Hoke don't put up with an OC that's directing one of the nation's worst offenses. I've heard it's like that in a lot of places outside of Fort Kinnick. Of course, it's also true that Hecklinski, as you might have guessed, is no relation to Hoke. So there's that.

"According to reports, San Diego State University offensive coordinator Jeff Hecklinski has been fired after his team's loss to Boise State. San Diego State head coach Brady Hoke made the call on the firing on Saturday. The Aztecs are now 2-3 on the season. San Diego State's offense has been pretty dismal this season.

"The Aztecs had just 113 yards against Boise State. The program has the No. 131 ranked passing offense and 126th ranked total offense in the country."

[My note: That total offense figure puts the Aztecs a few spots ahead of Iowa's 130th ranked group.]

Here's a story: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...inator-jeff-hecklinski-brady-hoke-jeff-horton

So it appears that football powerhouses like SD State and former Michigan head coach Brady Hoke don't put up with an OC that's directing one of the nation's worst offenses. I've heard it's like that in a lot of places outside of Fort Kinnick. Of course, it's also true that Hecklinski, as you might have guessed, is no relation to Hoke. So there's that.
Maybe we could hire the fired coach and do an upgrade.

Boise St also fired their OC this season. Puts up 35 last game. What a novel concept to move on from someone who is awful at their job.

I don’t believe in firing any assistants mid season unless it’s insubordination or something unavoidable. The Head hired him, it’s just As much the Heads Fault….He recr the man, watched him all spring and summer, if he was so inept the appropriate time to do this would have been before the season started. Always exceptions but it’s a bad look.

Reactions: CAhawki
I don’t believe in firing any assistants mid season unless it’s insubordination or something unavoidable. The Head hired him, it’s just As much the Heads Fault….He recr the man, watched him all spring and summer, if he was so inept the appropriate time to do this would have been before the season started. Always exceptions but it’s a bad look.
Do not disagree, but as the boss you have to start looking for options even if you are averse to firing an assistant coach. It also sends a message to the team you will do what is necessary to improve product/team. Never underestimate folks not seeing the same incompetence in another team/staff member.

Um, if the coach thinks firing the OC will result in more wins THIS year, then it’s absolutely the right thing to do regardless. His ass is on the line as well.

Reactions: DewHawk
If u plan on firing the dude what are benefits of holding onto him? Nobody wants to be in limbo for two months. Doesn’t add value. Gives others a chance to step up and be evaluated.

Interesting that on Sunday when Colorado's AD fired HC Dorrell, he also fired the Defensive Coordinator at the same time.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
There is not much I am sure about, but when it comes to modeling what I want my team’s head coach to do, I always check to see what Brody Hoke does. Guaranteed success.

…in this case, Brady might be a good example to follow.

dO YOU THINK kIRK COULD HIRE HIM

ADVERTISEMENT