ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congrats Colonel J! (AFHawk)

IAChief32

HR Heisman
Apr 21, 2017
After 28 years of service in the Air Force, our AFHawk is finally pulling chocks (retiring). In his career as a maintenance officer, he has worked on these aircraft: F-15, F-16, F-117, F-22, C-130, & F-35 (H/T Mrs. J). If you know anything about the Air Force, than you know that maintainers are at the very heart of it and men and women like AFHawk are their leaders. Congrats to him, his wife and family and I thank all of them for their service and support...good luck bro.

Last edited:
After 28 years of service in the Air Force, our AFHawk is finally pulling chocks (retiring). In his career as a maintenance officer, he has worked on these aircraft: F-15, F-16, F-117, F-22, C-130, & F-35 (H/T Mrs. J). If you know anything about the Air Force, than you know that maintainers are at the very heart of it and men and women like AFHawk are their leaders. Congrats to him, his wife and family and I thank all of them for their service and support...good luck bro.
Thanks bro...from one maintainer to another. Not sure how I feel yet, but I’m having surges of emotion. Had to wipe a tear or two from my eyes after reading this on the cesspool. My retirement will be 32 years to the day from when I raised my right hand at the small liberal arts school in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. It’s been a fantastic experience that I’ve been fortunate to share with my family and some outstanding airmen. God has been abundantly good to us.

Thanks bro...from one maintainer to another. Not sure how I feel yet, but I’m having surges of emotion. Had to wipe a tear or two from my eyes after reading this on the cesspool. My retirement will be 32 years to the day from when I raised my right hand at the small liberal arts school in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. It’s been a fantastic experience that I’ve been fortunate to share with my family and some outstanding airmen. God has been abundantly good to us.
You're only in your early 50's. The best years are still to come. You can travel, hunt, fish, and do absolutely nothing at your leisure now. Best of all, you have no excuse to not be at every dual and tournament.

Some things you wish you could like more than once.

Thank you so very much for your service, and the best to you and your family- enjoy retirement!

If you know anything about the Air Force, than you know that maintainers are at the very heart of it and men and women like AFHawk are their leaders.
This is true. My dad was a career military man and WWII pilot. He considered the guys in the hangar some of his closest allies in the mission and when he retired ( IANG Brigadier General) I met a couple of those guys. I have so much respect for their work and service. Congratulations AFHawk.
Best wishes !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT