ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congrats Colonel J! (AFHawk)

AMEN! As a former C-130 Crew Chief (08-14), I agree wholeheartedly. The flight line is the most important part of the base. Without maintainers, everything else comes to a halt.
I was always told it was the supply guys that kept the AF going (lol lol). Congrats on your years of service. Your 28-years is great. Makes me realize what your career covered since my AF retirement nearly 20 years ago. Follow my motto “Blue is good and I am not talking about the color of the uniform “.

It was a good day with friends and family. The weather was perfect and the view from the Air Force Memorial was stunning. It wasn’t as good a venue as being in a hangar with an aircraft and young airmen, but it was the next best thing. We even had a C-17 “fly by.”

Thanks to all for the kind words and the well wishes! I know there are many others who frequent the cesspool who have had military careers or who have served society in a distinguished manner...thank you for your service as well.

Thanks bro...from one maintainer to another. Not sure how I feel yet, but I’m having surges of emotion. Had to wipe a tear or two from my eyes after reading this on the cesspool. My retirement will be 32 years to the day from when I raised my right hand at the small liberal arts school in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. It’s been a fantastic experience that I’ve been fortunate to share with my family and some outstanding airmen. God has been abundantly good to us.
From a 90 day wonder Air Battle Manager to a beloved cesspool USAF Ring Knocker - Congrats to you and your 4 year nickel a day for the rest of your life career. So - how many of these did you get to fly around? F-15, F-16, F-117, F-22, C-130, & F-35 (H/T Mrs. J). The only jet I ever steered around was the F-15D over Vegas. God bless you AF86 and your family.

Got any good stories AFHawk86? Were you in Gulf War I and/or II, Iraq, Afghanistan?
No, my overseas time was spent in the Pacific, including a remote assignment at the Wolf Pack in Korea. The majority of my first 20 years I was involved with the development and stand up of F-22 operational capabilities, despite volunteering for time in the desert. Lots of great stories about awesome airmen, but thankfully I don’t have any “war” stories. I have been incredibly blessed :)

No, my overseas time was spent in the Pacific, including a remote assignment at the Wolf Pack in Korea. The majority of my first 20 years I was involved with the development and stand up of F-22 operational capabilities, despite volunteering for time in the desert. Lots of great stories about awesome airmen, but thankfully I don’t have any “war” stories. I have been incredibly blessed :)

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Reactions: AFHawk86
Congrats AFHawk, always enjoyed your participation on this board. I also have a military retirement (28 years Army). Your retirement check will be there there the first of every month, and the Tricare medical benefits are wonderful. You earned it, so now enjoy it.

Reactions: AFHawk86
Congrats AFHawk! Last year I had the chance to meet you at the MD meet but couldn't make it at the last minute, hope I get another chance in the near future.

If you were half as good at your job in the AF as you are a poster on this board then we are losing a hell of a man in our ongoing fight for freedom. Thanks for all you have done, glad to hear you have and will continue to live the American Dream, I'm a little jealous.

As for the C-130, living only a few miles from the 910th Airlift Wing, I get to see these things flying in threes all the time. It's a beautiful site!

Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT