ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Dekkers Throws for 4 TDs in Starting Debut to Lead ISU

I just see no way we win the game next week. Our defense will be on the field all night. Going to take a few turnovers for sure.
You do realize that every week it is a new game and not necessarily a continuation of the current week's game. I'm sure that the staff has a lot to talk about with the team and I'm betting we will see improvement. And, by the way, if our defense will be on the field all night, then the defense isn't making the stops it needs to get off the field. I don't see that happening.

Honestly, Petras looked like an Iowa high school 2A quarterback today. He had about two or three good throws but was otherwise wildly erratic and inaccurate. There is no way a P5 quarterback should look that bad against an FCS opponent and keep his starting job.
Don't insult Iowa 2A quarterbacks like that. They are much better than Petras.

You do realize that every week it is a new game and not necessarily a continuation of the current week's game. I'm sure that the staff has a lot to talk about with the team and I'm betting we will see improvement. And, by the way, if our defense will be on the field all night, then the defense isn't making the stops it needs to get off the field. I don't see that happening.
We still have the same shitty QB, and the same incompetent coaching staff. You don’t think there is enough data to see the trend? The offensive line will probably improve as the year progresses.
And our defense is human. They will give up some drives. If the offense goes 3 and out as much as they did yesterday, I promise you the defense will be exhausted by the end of the night.

This is too funny. Look: I stated what I'd bet in my first damn post. You agreed to bet on it. YOU CHIMED IN. And then tried to alter the terms. Is that not hard to understand? How about Iowa wins for 1K. Are you in?
Lol, Mr. I’ll only bet a juiced line in my favor. Dumbass.

Spencer Petras is trash, but Iowa State played a horrible team today. I wouldn’t think too much of it. With that said, I’m sure I would trade for Petras for Dekkers in a heartbeat.
Actually, SEMO isn't a horrible team. Nowhere near as good as the Jackrabbits, but picked second on their league and they have several good individuals. QB was very elusive.

Having said that, you are correct that the game wasn't a good indicator of what ISU is going to have this season. And it's looking like the Big XII is pretty salty.

If I were giving advice, I would suggest the Hawks cover Xavier Hutchinson.

Sad thing is SE Mo st got 320 yards. Not sure how much vs 2nd string. But if a mid level fcs school does that you’d expect most FBs teams to do so but sadly skeptical Iowa can because heacock owns Brian. Hopefully we can break 200 yds Saturday. Honestly I think if we get 300+ we win. Anything between that and 200 who knows.

Sad thing is SE Mo st got 320 yards. Not sure how much vs 2nd string. But if a mid level fcs school does that you’d expect most FBs teams to do so but sadly skeptical Iowa can because heacock owns Brian. Hopefully we can break 200 yds Saturday. Honestly I think if we get 300+ we win. Anything between that and 200 who knows.
Defense was playing off and loose early...after some halftime adjustments...SEMS did, almost literally, nothing on offense. I AM concerned about the first half performance but its a bit of a Heacock thing to play very "non-aggressively" early until he figures out what the opposing offense is up to. Problem is, if he does that with Iowa and we fall behind its going to be VERY difficult to recover...so I sure hope he comes out less passively than he generally does.

Let me add...the had a solid QB, a very good RB and a TE who is an AA. So they had some talent...though nothing like FBS level play.

Almost 200 of the yards were by the QB. And ISU played a LOT of guys on defense.

Actually, SEMO isn't a horrible team. Nowhere near as good as the Jackrabbits, but picked second on their league and they have several good individuals. QB was very elusive.

Having said that, you are correct that the game wasn't a good indicator of what ISU is going to have this season. And it's looking like the Big XII is pretty salty.

If I were giving advice, I would suggest the Hawks cover Xavier Hutchinson.
They were a 4-7 FCS team last year. That’s about as big of a cream puff as you’ll play as a power five team.

I would take Iowa and give up points because they’ll be juicing and pissed.

We're talking ISU here.

Matty always, always invents new ways to lose vs Iowa.

Stay turned for this year's episode.

They were a 4-7 FCS team last year. That’s about as big of a cream puff as you’ll play as a power five team.
You apparently didn't see all the matchups yesterday:)

But to your point, I didn't realize they were only 4-7 last year. I was just paying attention to the publicity about predictions for this year. They do, however, hav e sev eral pretty good individual players.

If the defense is on the field all night it will probably be because the offense can’t put any drives together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT