ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Drake’s C Liam Robbins Transferring

Scouts & mock draft are different things. It was tweeted when he declared he had promise of 1st round pick. He didn't declare to go 2nd round

Perhaps you can share with us how many people are projected as 1st round talents each year? I can give you a hint......it's more than the actual number of 1st round picks.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Many nba scouts were telling reporters he will be or go top 15. NBA teams are looking for bugs can also shoot.

How is it hard to read? I said his cousin is on gophers. His uncle is now an assistant head coach after being promoted, & he will start right away because he has family reasons for transferring.

Scouts rarely talk to reporters, much less "many" of them talking about a single fringe prospect. I've worked for an NBA team as a scout and not once was I contacted or approached by a member of the media for my thoughts on a player.

I've read the NBA file on Oturu and there is not a single mention of him being a lottery pick

He was going to Minnesota all the way. He wanted to play with his cousin, no biggie, Iowa wasn't involved at all. Iowa hadn't even contacted, the only interest appears to be more internet rumor related.

Jizzer - I heard we wanted him and in fact “cheated” by tampering and if he went to Iowa and not Minny DeVries/Drake were gonna pursue formal tampering charges against Iowa. So Iowa must have wanted him if Fran was willing to cheat. I mean it was on the internet so must be true.

So as a fan of both Drake and Iowa I hate to see the whole transfer process how it is now. Drake was the only D-1 school to offer him and give him a chance out of Sunrise. Credit to him for clearly working hard and transforming his body, but you also have to give some credit to the Drake coaching staff for developing him. Little Pitino is 48-82 over his 7 years and 4 of them he's finished 10th or lower. And he has not been without talent. At Drake Robbins was clearly going to be the focal point of the offense the next 2 years and I believe Drake started 4 Sophomores, so they were going to be in contention to win the league with him being the main guy. He will not be that guy at MInnesota. Legend, correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I believe if a guy is good enough it doesn't really matter where he plays.

Jizzer - I heard we wanted him and in fact “cheated” by tampering and if he went to Iowa and not Minny DeVries/Drake were gonna pursue formal tampering charges against Iowa. So Iowa must have wanted him if Fran was willing to cheat. I mean it was on the internet so must be true.
LOL, there are some Cyclone fans who spread this stuff and say they have sources. They said the same thing about Carton, where there isn't even interest on either side. It's weird how Cytwins says something, then guys like Logan Hayes go on twitter and repeat it several times to anyone who will listen, like it's true. This is what garbage people do. Logan comes on this site and acts all innocent, while spreading this crap on other sites. Again, Garbage people. I know the Devries family, Iowa didn't tamper LOL. Just silliness.

LOL, there are some Cyclone fans who spread this stuff and say they have sources. They said the same thing about Carton, where there isn't even interest on either side. It's weird how Cytwins says something, then guys like Logan Hayes go on twitter and repeat it several times to anyone who will listen, like it's true. This is what garbage people do. Logan comes on this site and acts all innocent, while spreading this crap on other sites. Again, Garbage people. I know the Devries family, Iowa didn't tamper LOL. Just silliness.

@Hayes_30 is a huge POS on CF.

Jizzer and TCOOL- I love the “Iowa” source ISU fans talk about. First, why would an ISU fan be proud and brag about breaking Hawk news?! Second, what Hawk source would ever give inside info to a Clone? Seriously?Third, this supposed “Iowa” huge donor and source said football players were leaving Iowa early cause KF is racist. That kind of blew up when TJ left early and was drafted 8th and all the regardless of color players come back to train in Iowa City. Fourth, this Iowa source supposedly said Patrick was “not sick at all” but Fran was holding him out so as to not embarrass the McCaffrey family but a week later it was revealed it was because of his cancer after-affect treatment. Sounds to me like this “Iowa” source is purposely giving incorrect and wrong info in a fairly salacious manner (Kirk a racist and Pat is totally healthy) to embarrass Clone trolls that run with it. Pretty funny if it wasn’t so sad that Clones want that stuff to be true and fall for it.

Let’s say the best-case scenario happens and Carr comes back and Robbins wins an appeal to play right away. That means their starting five is something like:

Carr
Willis
Kalscheur
Curry
Robbins

The bench is all mediocre to poor or unproven players. That’s the kind of lineup that finishes 11th or 12th in the Big Ten. That gets Pitino fired.

Scouts rarely talk to reporters, much less "many" of them talking about a single fringe prospect. I've worked for an NBA team as a scout and not once was I contacted or approached by a member of the media for my thoughts on a player.

I've read the NBA file on Oturu and there is not a single mention of him being a lottery pick

Neither was Cook, but he still bolted to become a pro...

Wasn't cytwins the one that tried to spread ridiculous rumors about Kirk Ferentz being racist? Anyone that makes up sh!t like that, and tries to claim it is true (through 'sources'), is beyond sick in the head and should be monitored as a potential threat to assault more Iowa band members.

Last edited:
Wasn't cytwins the one that tried to spread ridiculous rumors about Kirk Ferentz being racist? Anyone that makes up sh!t like that, and tries to claim it is true (through 'sources'), is beyond sick in the head and should be monitored as a potential threat to assault more Iowa band members.
I'm not sure, but I do see that Logan Hayes guy on twitter all the time commenting about Iowa stuff, recognized his name from here. He jumps from message board to message board, looking for some rumor, then tweets it out once he hears something like he's on the inside. Kind of funny, also a little creepy. He friends recruits, family members, etc and tweets to them all the time.

Reactions: TCOOL
I'm not sure, but I do see that Logan Hayes guy on twitter all the time commenting about Iowa stuff, recognized his name from here. He jumps from message board to message board, looking for some rumor, then tweets it out once he hears something like he's on the inside. Kind of funny, also a little creepy. He friends recruits, family members, etc and tweets to them all the time.
Such a clown! He's the 'blaster' to cytwin's 'master' - for all of the Mad Max Thunderdome fans.

Many nba scouts were telling reporters he will be or go top 15. NBA teams are looking for bugs can also shoot.

How is it hard to read? I said his cousin is on gophers. His uncle is now an assistant head coach after being promoted, & he will start right away because he has family reasons for transferring.
It’s hard to read because English is his primary language.

Reactions: Legend12 and TCOOL
Minnesota was an NIT question mark with Oturu in the lineup this past year. Even if Carr returns and Robbins gets instant eligibility to play, they're still in that #9-11 range in the B10. They'll have to keep their overall record over .500 to make the NIT next season, the NCAA tourney is a complete pipe dream. I suspect if they miss the NCAA tourney again, which is very likely, the Gophers will be looking for a new head coach, possibly before Robbins even plays a minute there, which means his uncle will likely be looking for a new job as well. I don't think this decision was well thought out.

Good luck.

He will most likely
lol

Liam is going to Minnesota. His uncle is gophers assistant head coach who was promoted today & gophers got crystal ball as they are now the heavy favorite

cd79211b77a7274ecec66df6f978e14f.jpg

Now Willis is transferring. Players seem really eager to exit the Gopher program.

He's transferring because he's not starting, coming off bench, Walton committing, jamal mashburn jr getting his minutes. Carr is coming back. Before lying do some dam research. One player is going to NBA.

No other players left. People like you are fakenews

He's transferring because he's not starting, coming off bench, Walton committing, jamal mashburn jr getting his minutes. Carr is coming back. Before lying do some dam research. Daniel Oturu is going to NBA. Gophers got commit from grad transfer Brandon Johnson. Will most likely get commit from a transfer in drew Peterson & another c in Morris Udeze or Mattias Markusson. But yeah players are leaving Minnesota, wrong

No other players left. People like you are fakenews

Willis started and played 30 minutes a game. Given the Gopher’s lackluster roster, he was going to start again. Your theory that he was afraid of losing minutes to a freshman who doesn’t even play his position and a player who hasn’t even committed yet is just sad.

Willis started and played 30 minutes a game. Given the Gopher’s lackluster roster, he was going to start again. Your theory that he was afraid of losing minutes to a freshman who doesn’t even play his position and a player who hasn’t even committed yet is just sad.

Willis didn't start. Gabe did. Willis only started when there was an injury, so you are lying. Willis was a bad shooter & wasn't going to get alot of minutes over high 4 star Jamal Mashburn jr and Walton who is on track to commit next week.

Carr is coming back. You said players are leaving . Do tell who else is running away.

Jamal mashburn jr is a sf. Again do some research, my gosh. You are the one who I'd sad & lying about players leaving the program. Oturu is NBA. Carr is 1000 percent coming back . But keep going

He wasn't starting over gabe, liam ( or another c) Carr, Mashburn jr, & Graduate PF / SF Brandon Johnson who committed to Minnesota

Willis didn't start. Gabe did. Willis only started when there was an injury, so you are lying. Willis was a bad shooter & wasn't going to get alot of minutes over high 4 star Jamal Mashburn jr and Walton who is on track to commit next week.

Carr is coming back. You said players are leaving . Do tell who else is running away.

Jamal mashburn jr is a sf. Again do some research, my gosh. You are the one who I'd sad & lying about players leaving the program. Oturu is NBA. Carr is 1000 percent coming back . But keep going

Is this the Gopher version of herbiehawk?

Is this the Gopher version of herbiehawk?
Because you can't take the truth. Chance wanted to troll & got called out.

Daniel Oturu loves Minnesota. He stayed home but is ready for Minnesota. Carr is coming back. So only oon player has left in willis. He literally said players are running away from Minnesota

Daniel Oturu loves Minnesota. He stayed home but is ready for Minnesota. Carr is coming back. So only oon player has left in willis. He literally said players are running away from Minnesota
Dude, if anyone is trolling it is YOU. This is Hawkeye Report.

I don't know really anything about Minnesota basketball but according to ESPN and Basketball Reference, Willis started 25 games, including 9 of the last 10, and averaged 29 mins a game.

He may have been passed over by incoming players but if you're going to point out people are lying then you might want to make sure you aren't as well.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/payton-willis-1.html

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4066230/payton-willis

Not so much about the truth and more about the amount of babbling that makes no sense along with sentences that look like they were constructed by a 2nd grader.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Not so much about the truth and more about the amount of babbling that makes no sense along with sentences that look like they were constructed by a 2nd grader.
Yeah go ahead to attacking because people on forum or twitter.com write sentences. Right. Like you don't sound childish at all

As stated above, Willis started 25 of 27 games he played. The games he didn’t play were due to injury. When they tweeted about the transfer, the Star Tribune referred to him as “starting guard Payton Willis.”

As you mentioned previously laurent, you have some difficulties with processing information. My advice is to make sure you understand the facts before calling someone a liar.

As stated above, Willis started 25 of 27 games he played. The games he didn’t play were due to injury. When they tweeted about the transfer, the Star Tribune referred to him as “starting guard Payton Willis.”

As you mentioned previously laurent, you have some difficulties with processing information. My advice is to make sure you understand the facts before calling someone a liar.

Okay I apologize about this & I do have difficulty with learning & writing ever since my attack that has caused permanent brain damage . But it doesn't change the fact that you said players are leaving the program and they aren't

Okay I apologize about this & I do have difficulty with learning & writing ever since my attack that has caused permanent brain damage . But it doesn't change the fact that you said players are leaving the program and they aren't
Nor does it change the FACT, that nobody here cares even a little bit about Minnesota gopher sports except for a couple weeks when we will be pushing their scruffy pelts into the dirt. Just sayin...;)

Players (Oturu and Willis so far) are leaving. I’m sure how else to put it.
Oturu who is going to NBA. Oturu who stayed home over big time schools & who continues to recruit other players to play for Minnesota .

Only player leaving is willis. To say Oturu left because he was in a hurry isn't true

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT