ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gable blurb on Joe Rogan Podcast

just_somebody

HR All-American
Mar 1, 2006
On episode #1808 with Dan Solder they briefly discuss how impressive it was to go unscored upon in the Olympics, and then they quickly talk about how they like Gable's interview in Sam Sheridan's books 'The Fighters Mind'

Its only a couple minutes total, but always cool how much respect Gable gets from people who know combat sports. And how much respect they have for wrestlers in general.

Discussion starts a little after 2:50.

Last edited:
He was a guest on the show awhile back as well….. they cracked open a couple of Gable beers during the interview
Yeah, he comes up with some regularity with the guests who have combat backgrounds or interests.

I don't listen to his MMA shows, but I'd imagine Gable gets mentioned time to time there too.

Reactions: natchrlman
Yeah, he comes up with some regularity with the guests who have combat backgrounds or interests.

I don't listen to his MMA shows, but I'd imagine Gable gets mentioned time to time there too.
I follow a bit. We don’t hear much about Gable at MMA/UFC events really. MMA coaches are frequently discussed. Wrestling skills are lauded. But no DG. Unless mentioning the Gable grip counts. (And if I didn’t hear it, it didn’t happen.)

I heard a DG interview back in the day where he was throwing shade on MMA’s lack of undefeated/dominating champs. I’m not sure if he understood the reality of the sport at that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: just_somebody
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT