ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gambling Thread

the_hermanator

HB Heisman
Jan 22, 2002
I wanted to say there is a game this week that just screams out at me...for the second time in a few weeks, there is a game on the schedule that makes no sense. The first one was a couple of weeks ago when USC was favored over the #3 team in the country, after their coach got fired. That one was the phoniest line I had seen in a while. And it couldn't have proved more right.

While there is a game this week that doesn't meet that level of phoniness, it certainly stands out on my radar. And that is the Michigan St.-Nebraska game. This thing started out at 4.5 and has now climbed in most places to 6 or 6.5. Everyone is betting Michigan St.

I thought the spread on this game would be about 11 or 12 in favor of Michigan St, possibly as high as 13, but they started it at 4.5.

Michigan St.'s players have won 32 of their past 35 games. Nebraska's players have lost 9 of their last 12. Nebraska lost last week by double digits to a team that had only won once in their past 19 conference games!! Once! And now to expect them to beat a team that has won 19 of their last 20 conference games, mostly in dominating fashion? Could you be more insane?

Everything points to Michigan St. playing a pretty even first half and then pulling away pretty easily the second half and winning by a couple of scores. This is just begging you to bet Michigan St. Which is why you take Nebraska. Yup. I'm calling the upset tomorrow in Lincoln. And that's almost impossible, because Nebraska frickin' sucks big balls right now. They would have trouble winning their own state high school championship, let alone actually beating a team that was won so much. Which, ironically, makes the upset even easier to call.

PS> Let's just hope when this game comes on after our game, we're not all pissed off when watching it.

THE HERMENATOR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.