ADVERTISEMENT

OT: God Bless to all Veterans on this Memorial Day

You're a good man Pepsi. My once over of your season looks 9-3 or 10-2ish, how are you feeling about the team this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: pepsicock
Thank you to all veterans and to all the ones that lost loved ones in combat . God Bless all of you. You all have a special place in my heart .

Drop me a PM Pepsi. I'm taking the wife to Charleston on vaca and would like your unput on other SC locations to visit.

EDIT: Is that even an option on this site?Can't seem to find it on your profile. Maybe I'm thinking of "the other" Hawkeye site.

Last edited:
Reactions: pepsicock
dilly_dilly.jpg

10-2 I hope . Our D and offense will be pretty good . How about the Hawks ? Seem like you guys always come up with a 9-3 or 10-2 record .

PC,

Are you in the Charleston area? Just moved to the upstate SC area in January, great time to leave Michigan. It has been wet lately but what a beautiful spring.

Glad Memorial Day weekend is behind us, lake was a zoo with boaters. Only us retirees seem to be out during the week.

Will still catch a couple Hawk games this fall, my neighbor is a big Gamecock fan so may join him for a game in Columbia.

Thanks for your comments about our military men and women, they sacrifice every day. Under paid, away from their families, long hours. God Bless and protect them.

PC,

Are you in the Charleston area? Just moved to the upstate SC area in January, great time to leave Michigan. It has been wet lately but what a beautiful spring.

Glad Memorial Day weekend is behind us, lake was a zoo with boaters. Only us retirees seem to be out during the week.

Will still catch a couple Hawk games this fall, my neighbor is a big Gamecock fan so may join him for a game in Columbia.

Thanks for your comments about our military men and women, they sacrifice every day. Under paid, away from their families, long hours. God Bless and protect them.
When you come to Columbia I’ll try to get you a tix.just contact me when you can. I been hearing some rumors that our AD trying to set up a home and home game with Iowa . I would love to go to a home Hawkeye game one day

10-2 I hope . Our D and offense will be pretty good . How about the Hawks ? Seem like you guys always come up with a 9-3 or 10-2 record .

It is going to come down to getting out of the non con clean and the wiscy game. If we drop the game to ISU 8-4 is likely. If "we" can go into wiscy 3-0 and that Black magic known as Kinnick at night shows up for wiscy, we could be looking at the B10champ game. Best of luck Pepsi.

Would love to play SC again in a ‘home & home’ series. How soon could it happen?

I really don't like being "that" guy and I'm a big fan of Pepsi posting here... but growing up with service members in my family I was (correctly) taught Memorial Day =/= Veterans Day. Memorial Day is for remembrance of those who died while in service to our country. Veterans Day is for honoring those who have served in our country's Armed Forces. Armed Forces Day is for honoring those who currently serve.

I know its good form to always be thankful for the service of our vets, but if we're going to mention it on an actual holiday, a holiday that specifically mentions what the holiday represents by name, then please, please get it right.

Alright, stepping down from the soapbox.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT