ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hakeem Butler cut

Sure he will catch onto someone’s practice squad but still surprising since looking at his profile he was the first pick of the 4th rd previous year. Believe he missed all of last year with a finger injury which isn’t good for a wr. Cardinals have good depth at WR this year especially with the Hopkins trade. .

End of the day I’ll always remember him as the guy he made a key drop in OT in 17’ game where they had to settle for a fg due to it.

Sure he will catch onto someone’s practice squad but still surprising since looking at his profile he was the first pick of the 4th rd previous year. Believe he missed all of last year with a finger injury which isn’t good for a wr. Cardinals have good depth at WR this year especially with the Hopkins trade. .

End of the day I’ll always remember him as the guy he made a key drop in OT in 17’ game where they had to settle for a fg due to it.
He made a lot of key drops at ISU. Great talent, but if you can’t catch the ball...

That drop was huge.

He was short of a first down....but yes, it was a huge drop. He had others, too. And then he'd make an unbelievable circus catch.
He dropped it just short of the first down, but there is pretty good chance he would have picked it up. Assuming he attempted to advance the ball after the catch. There was a defender or two near him.

He dropped it just short of the first down, but there is pretty good chance he would have picked it up. Assuming he attempted to advance the ball after the catch. There was a defender or two near him.
Yeah, and he was very good at breaking tackles. I didn't mean to downplay the importance of the drop. That was one of about thirty-eleven plays on both sides that might have decided the game.

He is a great athlete as far as I can tell but you cannot lead in drops and stick around. Those circus catches are fine for ESPN but for teams when you drop passes you probably won’t last long.

He is a great athlete as far as I can tell but you cannot lead in drops and stick around. Those circus catches are fine for ESPN but for teams when you drop passes you probably won’t last long.
I agree wholeheartedly. Drops were a recognized problem when he was at ISU. Probably just lack of concentration, but it hurt badly on several occasions. That isn't what a pro does. Having said that, I still wish he would have come back for his senior year.

LC - That is a great point. Not that Butler would have been for sure better related to the drops but I believe with another year in college who knows. Cause my gosh he is a stud.

He had a pretty serious injury last year. My guess is that he's still not healthy otherwise someone would at least sign him to a practice squad.

Hakeem Butterfingers

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
The guy has insane measurables. Gotta wonder if it's a situation where he relied on those freakish physical advantages in college too much without developing the rest of his game. He had issues catching the ball. Wondering if his route running and ability to separate were also issues. Physical advantages that get you by against DBs in the Big 12 won't be enough at the next level.

Eagles signed TE Hakeem Butler off the Panthers' practice squad.
The Eagles are converting wideout Butler to tight end. The No. 103 overall pick of last year's draft, Butler spent Arizona's entire 2019 season on injured reserve with a finger injury, a highly-unusual occurrence. He then failed to make the Cardinals' practice squad after being waived this summer. He had been cooling his heels in Carolina. The position switch is certainly in line with Butler's 6-foot-5, 225-pound frame, though he does not lack for high-end athleticism. The Eagles are hoping they have a Darren Waller on their hands, but fantasy players shouldn't be surprised if Butler sees zero targets during Dallas Goedert's (ankle) absence. This is almost certainly a move made with the long-term in mind. This is the stuff Dynasty league fliers are made of.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
Eagles signed TE Hakeem Butler off the Panthers' practice squad.
The Eagles are converting wideout Butler to tight end. The No. 103 overall pick of last year's draft, Butler spent Arizona's entire 2019 season on injured reserve with a finger injury, a highly-unusual occurrence. He then failed to make the Cardinals' practice squad after being waived this summer. He had been cooling his heels in Carolina. The position switch is certainly in line with Butler's 6-foot-5, 225-pound frame, though he does not lack for high-end athleticism. The Eagles are hoping they have a Darren Waller on their hands, but fantasy players shouldn't be surprised if Butler sees zero targets during Dallas Goedert's (ankle) absence. This is almost certainly a move made with the long-term in mind. This is the stuff Dynasty league fliers are made of.
Just another in the long line of elite TE’s Campbell has produced lol.

He seems like a guy that will end up in NE when all is said and done then do well in Bill’s offensive strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT