ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is Nebraska Now In "Win At All Costs" Mode?

Mar 14, 2003
Due to the vibe and language from their AD and HC I say yes. We will see further evidence as the next couple seasons progress.

JFC man just drop the pretense and go full GBR. Your obsession with Nebraska is embarrassing.

90% of Nebraska threads on this Iowa board are started by Iowa fans. Maybe 95%. Jeebuz, we play Wisconsin and Minnesota too. Not to mention Northwestern. I've disliked the Illini since the 1980s.

Reactions: Harbinger273
Nebraska isn't set up to win this year. Will Frost get 3 years to win? Five? Who knows. The football world is much different from what it was when he played there. I also wonder how many head coaches are on the payroll? Did Pellini finally get paid off?

Yay. Another Nebraska thread...

Look, they have no offensive or defensive linemen that can go toe-to-toe with the upper echelons of college football. They are a couple of years away at the very least.

Meanwhile, Wisconsin is also on our schedule...

Reactions: rchawk
90% of Nebraska threads on this Iowa board are started by one Iowa fan. Maybe 95%. Jeebuz, we play Wisconsin and Minnesota too. Not to mention Northwestern. I've disliked the Illini since the 1980s.
FIFY

Reactions: HemiHawk
Due to the vibe and language from Every AD and HC, in the west, I say yes. We will see further evidence as the next couple seasons progress. Everyone is going to stat pushing the limits of what the B10 is willing to stomach. Urban put everyone on notice and the hiring of recent coaches have stepped several programs up. Should be fun for us as fans.

Fify.

How many Iowa threads are on the kNebby site? It is a matter of access. Look at the isu site. To post there it cost membership. That may be why the Iowa site is one of the best.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
How many Iowa threads are on the kNebby site? It is a matter of access. Look at the isu site. To post there it cost membership. That may be why the Iowa site is one of the best.
It also helps that this site has multiple fan bases visiting for the off topic board..

They ban anyone that isn't a Nebraska fan on their free board.

Yay. Another Nebraska thread...

Look, they have no offensive or defensive linemen that can go toe-to-toe with the upper echelons of college football. They are a couple of years away at the very least.

Meanwhile, Wisconsin is also on our schedule...
I think we actually have some depth at DLine this year, it’s probably our best position group defensively. The O-Line was a sh¡tshow last year, so any improvement would be good to see. We definately are set up to fail with the schedule, I want to see a competitive team that doesn’t quit on HCSF. I think we will get around 7 wins, and i’d be okay with it. The schedule lines up a lot better in 2019, hopefully we are better.

I think we actually have some depth at DLine this year, it’s probably our best position group defensively. The O-Line was a sh¡tshow last year, so any improvement would be good to see. We definately are set up to fail with the schedule, I want to see a competitive team that doesn’t quit on HCSF. I think we will get around 7 wins, and i’d be okay with it. The schedule lines up a lot better in 2019, hopefully we are better.

The DLine? Really? Please watch the 4th quarter of the 2016 and 2017 Iowa vs UNL games. 1 pass play. All the rest were running plays and the Husker defense knew it. Could not stop the Hawks. IIRC there were 5 Hawkeye TDs scored and the only time we were stopped was when we took a knee.

I think there were some graduations after last year, as well. If the DL is your best position group, then possibly more than a couple of years away.

The DLine? Really? Please watch the 4th quarter of the 2016 and 2017 Iowa vs UNL games. 1 pass play. All the rest were running plays and the Husker defense knew it. Could not stop the Hawks. IIRC there were 5 Hawkeye TDs scored and the only time we were stopped was when we took a knee.

I think there were some graduations after last year, as well. If the DL is your best position group, then possibly more than a couple of years away.
What? We were very young last year, return everyone and picked up a grad transfer from Utah today... And if Minnesota can drop 50 on our defense last year anyone could have...

They also picked up a juco oline transfer today. Kid looks to be really good. There is little doubt that Ne will be a better team going forward, the question is will they improve enough to compete for championships again. Coaching matters.

Wow that’s a good piece of trivia. Iowa has only passed once in the 4th quarter the last 2 years against Nebby! Didn’t know that.

I wonder if we’ll throw a pass against Neb ever again in the 4th quarter? I wonder if Oh St will ever punt against Neb again?

Reactions: Wingman137
Actually, the first question is whether or not they can become something more than the "doormat" of the B1G. After they answer that question, then some other questions might come into play.
I think their record in the big is better than Iowa's by a couple wins. They are far from a doormat. While it may be fun to kick them when they are down usually what goes around comes around.

Because I have watched them many times against ISU, and since they joined the big, against Iowa, and do not understand the disdain for them. Also have family (son) in Nebraska who is a huge Ne fan. It can be a great rivalry. They are who they are, a once top program who like many others have fallen on tough times. Most do regain some of their past success. That would be good for the west and the Big. I also root for ISU. They may also be on the verge of turning a corner for the first time since DM.

Reactions: BIGSTICK67
Because I have watched them many times against ISU, and since they joined the big, against Iowa, and do not understand the disdain for them. Also have family (son) in Nebraska who is a huge Ne fan. It can be a great rivalry. They are who they are, a once top program who like many others have fallen on tough times. Most do regain some of their past success. That would be good for the west and the Big. I also root for ISU. They may also be on the verge of turning a corner for the first time since DM.
I’m sick and tired of people saying a good Nebraska team is good for the big ten West... no a great Iowa team is great for the big west, an Iowa team that wins the conference and performs well out of conference.. that goes for everybody in the big west, Nebraska is no better than anybody in the west,

I’m sick and tired of people saying a good Nebraska team is good for the big ten West... no a great Iowa team is great for the big west, an Iowa team that wins the conference and performs well out of conference.. that goes for everybody in the big west, Nebraska is no better than anybody in the west,
It goes without saying that a great Iowa team would be great for the west, but the west needs 3 or 4 really good teams, and Ne needs to be one of them for national pub.

Reactions: CelticHawk
I think looking at their schedule you will see Nebraska get 6 to 7 wins this year. That will start bringing in better recruits. Hope I am wrong since I really can’t stand their athletic program.

It goes without saying that a great Iowa team would be great for the west, but the west needs 3 or 4 really good teams, and Ne needs to be one of them for national pub.

Yep. That was the idea when we went East vs West. We get no love, even though we aren't all that far behind the East. They just have the brand recognition.

I don't care though, will always root for the East team vs Wisconsin.

Bull crap, Wisconsin. Has built the national pub in the past 15 years.. heck Miami got the recognition in why 6 yeats in the 80s.. Clemson used to be a joke.. just because you where great at one point doesn’t mean you have to be to later.. a new power can rise it doesn’t have to the the same as always

True at the momemnt...but that will be changing.

Win at all costs is better than, “Hmm, let’s hire Mike Riley... He can’t coach but he sure is a nice guy!”

The win at all costs has a much different meaning now than when Nebraska was good. Gone are the prop 48's, the roids, rapists, felons, and criminals Tom O used to cover up. They can try to cheat at recruiting, but that has risks too.

ADVERTISEMENT