ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jamie Pollard

BeepBeepInMyJeep

HR Legend
Jun 28, 2010
Pollard suffered an apparent heart attack at the UNI-Dome watching his girls compete in the indoor track meet last night. He's a young guy with 4 kids, hopefully he can make a full recovery. Ts & Ps to the Pollards from Hawkeye Nation.

Agree. I recall that one of his children had some health issues a little while back as well. Rivalries take a back seat. Speedy recovery to Mr. Pollard.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by DodgerHawki:
Agree. I recall that one of his children had some health issues a little while back as well. Rivalries take a back seat. Speedy recovery to Mr. Pollard.
His youngest was born with cancer and has had recurrences, but cancer-free for two years now acc. to a TV story.

Originally posted by IamHawkeye:
His youngest was born with cancer and has had recurrences, but cancer-free for two years now acc. to a TV story.
Honest question. No flame: You can be born with cancer?

Originally posted by UIHawkGuy8:

ben-carson-cnnedited.jpg

Pollard's youngest son has been battling cancer for a long time, don't know his current status but his oldest son who has broken national records in cross country and track is just a senior in high school. I read that Pollard is only 50 years old.

Originally posted by Myvue:
Pollard's youngest son has been battling cancer for a long time, don't know his current status but his oldest son who has broken national records in cross country and track is just a senior in high school. I read that Pollard is only 50 years old.
Jamie is 50 years old and was a national champion cross country runner in college.

But he has an incredibly stressful job, and on top of that, one of his sons has been life-and-death for several years.

Oh man, that's terrible. All the best to him and his family. There are many CPR jokes that could apply if it were appropriate, but our football team has ruined any chance of us using them.

Originally posted by wyohawk:

Originally posted by UIHawkGuy8:

ec
Yes. I knew of a baby that was born with leukemia. I'm not sure you meant "not a flame" though. Seems like there's an agenda.

Medical advances in the treatment of heart failure in the last 10-15 years is truly amazing. No doubt he will have access to the best medical care. Best wishes to Jamie Pollard and family.

Originally posted by Scott559:
Hoping for the best for Mr. Pollard and his family, Sounds like they have been through far too much already.
They've been through hell, quite frankly. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Originally posted by Cydkar:

Originally posted by Scott559:
Hoping for the best for Mr. Pollard and his family, Sounds like they have been through far too much already.
They've been through hell, quite frankly. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
any updates?

hopefully it was not a severe attack and they can use the latest in medical advances (stents, etc) to get him up and healthy again

50 is too young; health is everything

Sounds like it was a genetic flaw that also raised his likeliness of a heart attack, to go along with being a D-1 AD and a father who's kid has been fighting for his life.

Just saw from Jamie's Twitter account he is going into bypass surgery. Thought's and Prayer's to the Iowa State Athletics Department.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT