ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Joey Hauser commits to Marquette

Obviously was not coming to Iowa once our scholarships were overflowing. But it is of note since he's not going to be in the B1G with Wisky.

His brother plays for Marquette, he has been a strong Marquette lean for a long time.

Sometimes, you have to listen to your heart. It was a difficult decision but he and his family handled the recruiting process with class. Will certainly add some spice to the rivalry.:D

You are correct on both points. Unfortunately, not a phenomenon that I haven't seen elsewhere.

It is an interesting thing, isn't it. You are right of course but would you consider that at Wisconsin should a Wisconsin native chose another school it's the kids fault, but the fools (which we do all have) on an Iowa board would sooner blame Iowa. :)

I would trade you your fools for ours and this fool, myself, would feel more at ease.

Obviously was not coming to Iowa once our scholarships were overflowing. But it is of note since he's not going to be in the B1G with Wisky.
No fan of Wisconsin, but I hate to see quality players within the Big 10's footprint go elsewhere. We have one NCAA championship in the last 28 seasons. (Eight second-place finishes if you include the ones Michigan vacated.)

Reactions: Carlton
No fan of Wisconsin, but I hate to see quality players within the Big 10's footprint go elsewhere. We have one NCAA championship in the last 28 seasons. (Eight second-place finishes if you include the ones Michigan vacated.)

28 years... Dang. That does not seem right.

I said he was going to Marquette last summer and was thoroughly brow beaten by one of his Barnstormers coaches. I think an apology is in order.

I said he was going to Marquette last summer and was thoroughly brow beaten by one of his Barnstormers coaches. I think an apology is in order.

I'm sorry Barnstormers coaches that we have a poster that is butthurt over something from a year ago.

28 season since last Big 10 b-ball championship? I think Mich St won it in like 2000. Still too long but looks like 17 years.

Was coming back to bump this. He played with JW on AAU. Would there be any mutual interest there? I don’t know anything about Sam.

My guess is Hoiberg is making a phone call right now.

People are saying Virginia or Mich State

I don't see how they both start at MSU. I believe Ward and Tillman both come back plus they have Henry and Brown on the wings. I could see one starting and one coming off the bench if they are fine with that. Virginia would make more sense for the opportunity to both start.

28 season since last Big 10 b-ball championship? I think Mich St won it in like 2000. Still too long but looks like 17 years.
The Big12 has only won 1title in the last 31 years! And that win was very very lucky.

I think they’ve only won like 2 titles in the last 40 something years.

This is a good test for Hoiberg. Recruiting to ISU is one thing, they have a pretty strong recent history of success. Recruiting to Nebraska is a whole different level of difficulty.

Was coming back to bump this. He played with JW on AAU. Would there be any mutual interest there? I don’t know anything about Sam.

My guess is Hoiberg is making a phone call right now.
Don't forget that coach from Ames has a telephone also...

Maybe, but they'd have to Crean someone(s) to fit the brothers.

illini-iu-06.gif

I am not predicting where the guys end up but by all reports, the family likes GG.

Couldn’t Marquette block that transfer since they play them? Or is that even a thing anymore?

ADVERTISEMENT