ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Macey Kilty

WWDMHawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 13, 2014
GG will love this one. . . .

Just a little heads-up about what happened on the women's side of Fargo freestyle this year. . . .

Macey Kilty, a Cadet from Wisconsin, probably just made history. She won Fargo freestyle championships at the Cadet AND Junior levels AND was named OW at BOTH levels. In Juniors, she beat an opponent who had been Cadet world gold medalist in 2015 and Cadet world silver medalist in 2016. I think she actually wrestled up a weight, as well.

Obviously a young lady to watch -- probably a future World and Olympic gold medalist multiple times over. Here's a cool video after her championship in which she credits the Koontz brothers and their dad, Bryan (Iowa City native and huge Hawk fan, even though his boys are headed to tOSU this fall), for her success: Macey Kilty video

Kilty has been a joy to watch this week. It is hard to believe she wrestled 49 kg when she won her Cadet World bronze last September. She just missed the world team this year, but I imagine she'll be back on it soon. So much talent on the women's side. Here is one example of Kilty's highlight reel potential

Thanks for sharing, WWDM. Iowan, Rachel Watters, is on her way to Finland to once again represent the US in the womens' junior world championships. Wouldn't it be something to have Thomas, Cory and Rachel all in Tokyo in 2020? Iowa would be very well represented.

When I saw that on twitter I thought she took the girl backwards in that position but just watched it again and she does a freaking no handed cartwheel with another girl on her shoulders.

Impressive athleticism to say the least.

Thanks for sharing, WWDM. Iowan, Rachel Watters, is on her way to Finland to once again represent the US in the womens' junior world championships. Wouldn't it be something to have Thomas, Cory and Rachel all in Tokyo in 2020? Iowa would be very well represented.
Sure would -- especially because we'd be there to watch them in person! Already planning the trip.

When I saw that on twitter I thought she took the girl backwards in that position but just watched it again and she does a freaking no handed cartwheel with another girl on her shoulders.

A standing shrug. I'm sure the Granby guys out east are looking at each other saying "Why didn't we think of doing a shrug as part of a carry?" o_O

Reactions: jvclark

No handed but I am pretty sure she posted on her head instead. And like you said, with someone on her shoulders.

Wow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT