ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Minny extends Pitino's contract

Yeah, let Pitino stay there as long as he wants... or at least until he learns enough and gets good.

Everyone knew Little P was out job shopping last year. He wants out....bad. Maybe this keeps him there a little while longer but I have the feeling that as soon as they have some success, off he will go.

Reactions: DanL53
Everyone knew Little P was out job shopping last year. He wants out....bad. Maybe this keeps him there a little while longer but I have the feeling that as soon as they have some success, off he will go.

I didn't know that. Who was he talking to? I feel kind of bad that this was widely known and I had no real clue what he was up to. I don't read the MPLS papers or UM blogs. What's the scoop?

I always suspected that Pitino would consider the Minnesota position a ladder step but I did not get the feeling that he was desperate to leave last year.

I didn't know that. Who was he talking to? I feel kind of bad that this was widely known and I had no real clue what he was up to. I don't read the MPLS papers or UM blogs. What's the scoop?

I always suspected that Pitino would consider the Minnesota position a ladder step but I did not get the feeling that he was desperate to leave last year.
As I recall I think Alabama for one. Some mentioned him for the ISU gig but I doubt that.

The kid hasn't done anything to warrant anything he's gotten to this point, other than having a famous father that just happens to be a Coach. I don't know why anyone would fall all over him at this point, and for damn sure pay him any more. So he leaves. BFD. I hope he stays at Minnesota until he retires.

Yeah, he threw his hat in the Bama opening. And I think last year when Martin left Tenn there were rumors of RP looking around there too. He is not at Mn for the long haul. If he ever becomes successful he's gone from Mn.

ADVERTISEMENT