ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minny player out with ACL tear

HeRKeYHoPeFuL

HR MVP
Dec 5, 2007
Eric Curry (Soph) tore his left ACL and will miss the season. He averaged 5.5 pts, 5.1 reb, 1.2 assists last year in 20 minutes per game. Will be a significant loss for them and leave them a bit thin across the front line. They'll still have Lynch, Murphy and Konate, but not a ton behind them.

Too bad for the kid, as I think he has a bright future - luckily he can use his redshirt year and still end up playing all four years if he chooses.

Eric Curry (Soph) tore his left ACL and will miss the season. He averaged 5.5 pts, 5.1 reb, 1.2 assists last year in 20 minutes per game. Will be a significant loss for them and leave them a bit thin across the front line. They'll still have Lynch, Murphy and Konate, but not a ton behind them.

Too bad for the kid, as I think he has a bright future - luckily he can use his redshirt year and still end up playing all four years if he chooses.

Excellent example of what happens to preseason promises and expectations. They lose depth big time.

While it's a loss of a contributor, they'll be fine. They have an eligible Texas A&M transfer in Davonte Fitzgerald who missed last year with torn ACL, did get a 6th year granted by NCAA so has 2 years left to play. I'd say with MN having a highly touted young PG they could play both he and Mason together and move Coffee to SF.

I'm more concerned with the Christian Williams rumors and how that effects us. Would Connor not redshirt?

While it's a loss of a contributor, they'll be fine. They have an eligible Texas A&M transfer in Davonte Fitzgerald who missed last year with torn ACL, did get a 6th year granted by NCAA so has 2 years left to play. I'd say with MN having a highly touted young PG they could play both he and Mason together and move Coffee to SF.

I'm more concerned with the Christian Williams rumors and how that effects us. Would Connor not redshirt?

Must have missed it, what are the CW rumors?

ADVERTISEMENT