ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Movie about Anthony Robles “Unstoppable” a go for 2019

Chuck C

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2011
The more movies about wrestling, the better.

Who’s going to play McDonough in the pivotal match?

Reactions: AFHawk86
I’m actually surprised he is not he has shown to be pretty good in front of a camera with the commentary. I know nothing about it I’m sure there is a lot to it...
It’s a great story, especially beating Iowa Hawkeye Matt McDonough in the finals.

Only on the Iowa message boards is having one leg considered an advantage against a returning national champion.

Actually, I was in NJ at the time and there was a lot of talk about how, in many ways, one leg was a big advantage. My son had a Romanian wrestling coach who was particularly vocal about it.

It was a very unique circumstance. Robles showed a lifetime of heart and dedication getting there. But I think it was clear that by time he was a Senior his physical uniqueness gave him a significant advantage.

Great to hear but he should play himself that dude does not look like a wrestler

I'm thinking a "softer" look will make the character that much more endearing to the audience -- think The Blind Side.

As for who plays McD . . . why not Christopher McDonough -- sorry, Christopher McDonald?
CIcHD10UkAAe2UR.jpg

Just kidding, Hawk fans. I like McD.

It will be interesting to see how McD is portrayed. Given that the typical approach is to depict that role as an arch rival villian type.

My guess is they will portray him as a 2 time National Champ, All American Boy Next Door type that is damn near unbeatable. The more they pump up McD the bigger the mountain seems. We all know the good guys wear black anyway.

Reactions: ping72 and Chuck C
I am guessing McD will not get a lot of attention in the film. His match will be shown a bit, but probably a lot more emphasis on Robles and Robles family. Throw in a few flashbacks from when he got beat as a kid early in his career and try to bring a tear to everyone's eyes.

Reactions: artradley
I am guessing McD will not get a lot of attention in the film. His match will be shown a bit, but probably a lot more emphasis on Robles and Robles family. Throw in a few flashbacks from when he got beat as a kid early in his career and try to bring a tear to everyone's eyes.

I disagree; I lean toward Hawkeyecrazy’s role...the better they portray McD the more special the victory. You don’t get goosebumps and tears by beating a nobody.

I disagree; I lean toward Hawkeyecrazy’s role...the better they portray McD the more special the victory. You don’t get goosebumps and tears by beating a nobody.

Agree. I also believe a "must" for the movie is a scene where McD and Robles encounter one another during the preseason and an unconcerned McD says dryly, "Think you can make the weight?"

Reactions: merr6267
Does his wife Cori know about this?
My bad. I had a senior moment and mistook one stud for the other. They all kind of resemble each other. My original premise stands though. Have to agree that Brad Pitt is not studly enough to portray McD. Although they can do wonders with lighting. What about the Chris Pratt from Guardians of the Galaxies. He was a wrestler.

One side note is Minnesota may finally gain a moment of relevance if they can find a Goofer to stomp AR in the back;)

Reactions: Chuck C
my hunch is a well done documentary would be much better for most true wrestling fans.

My bad. I had a senior moment and mistook one stud for the other. They all kind of resemble each other. My original premise stands though. Have to agree that Brad Pitt is not studly enough to portray McD. Although they can do wonders with lighting. What about the Chris Pratt from Guardians of the Galaxies. He was a wrestler.
I don't think he can pull off being a 125lb.

Reactions: Hawkeye Till I Die
I don't think he can pull off being a 125lb.
If Pratt wants to be considered a serious actor, he has to go all Christian Bale from the Machinist and cut the weight. Bale cut 60 lbs to 121 I believe before the director and all the medical staff said stop.

Come on Pratt, be a man and make 125, no allowance!

ADVERTISEMENT