ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska’s OC Is Out

Bait taken. Iowa is substantially ahead by double the win total each of the past three years. Remember, no excuses. If they did pull off the upset, its an anomaly & the better program, did not win the game.

Is UNC on par with Clemson since it went down to the wire in a rivalry matchup? You know the answer. Clemson won 21-20 late.
Iowa won 27-24 in Lincoln, in a rivalry game.

You are what your record says you are. You even scolded me for saying Iowa was on the doorstep several times for division titles, but since you're the officiator here.

What other interesting topics on your mind on this cold January day? With virtually nothing to look forward to regarding your collegiate fandom?

Wait, that was bait? Lol! An anomaly is not two years in a row. No, you were the guy claiming Iowa was “one play away” from winning the division title last year. That one play would have closed the gap of being 3 games back from NW. eeeek. You asked me how close they were, not should Nebraska have won. Sure, how was close in two years...so what? Nebraska’s been close as well.

The Nation would be shocked if Clemson losses to UNC next year. Nobody outside of Iowa fans would bat an eye if Nebraska beats Iowa.

If Nebraska is so horrible and Frost is the worst coach in America who only has thugs and losers on his roster it’s a miracle that the last two games have been decided in the last minute. Amirite?

On the football field? I mean the last two years the game came down to the final second. So I wouldn’t say worlds apart. Iowa is consistent and part of that is Ferentz being around decades. Nebraska is not right now.

I have no idea if that will change in year 3 of Frost but I’d like to think Nebraska will start to catch up to the division as more players that fit both the offensive and defensive get playing time.
You have at least 5 losses to end the season, your team will be so beat up and demoralized by the end of that stretch. Plus you open against Purdue, who always starts fast. You also play Cincinnati and South Dakota State, neither of which give you much of a breather. Either of those teams can beat you on the right day.

On the football field? I mean the last two years the game came down to the final second. So I wouldn’t say worlds apart. Iowa is consistent and part of that is Ferentz being around decades. Nebraska is not right now.

I have no idea if that will change in year 3 of Frost but I’d like to think Nebraska will start to catch up to the division as more players that fit both the offensive and defensive get playing time.

10 wins versus 5 wins, I’d say that’s 5 wins due to you idiots from Netra5hka not realizing it is a lot harder to win in the B1G than Big 8/12 where you were winning vs inferior opponents.

Why can’t you understand Iowa and Netra5hka have different recruiting philosophies? Iowa goes after players they actually vet and are still developing physically, while your coaches have been going after the 4/5 star kids that have reached their max potential in high school. Iowa and Wisconsin have better s&c coaches to develop the two and three stars that KF & BA see and know they can turn into 4/5 star talent on the field in one, two, or three years down the road.

Iowa has been winning anywhere from 6 to 12, mostly 7 to 9 games on average a year doing it this way, minus three seasons under KF, first two years of his rebuild w/ the cupboard bare and 2012 during the OC transition from KOK to GDGD. Why would Iowa change their philosophy to be more like Netra5hka, no vetting of players and throwing crap against a wall to see what sticks with an offer that’s not really a committable offer.

Regarding the results of the game, it’s a rivalry and anything can happen in a supposed rivalry. Iowa’s barely won with your worst teams as you state but you don’t admit Iowa blew out a mid level ranked Netra5hka team as well. You can’t have it both ways.

Do us all a favor, stop making excuses as to why the wins aren’t there, shut up and leave this board till your team actually starts winning. And if you’d take minimal valued land in the foot hills compared to Iowa’s rich soil farm land valued at 10 to 20 times the value, you really are an idiot. Is it really this hard to comprehend? I guess it is for you inbred Cornturd fans.

Wait, that was bait? Lol! An anomaly is not two years in a row. No, you were the guy claiming Iowa was “one play away” from winning the division title last year. That one play would have closed the gap of being 3 games back from NW. eeeek.

The Nation would be shocked if Clemson losses to UNC next year. Nobody outside of Iowa fans would bat an eye if Nebraska beats Iowa.

If Nebraska is so horrible and Frost is the worst coach in America who only has thugs and losers ok his roster it’s a miracle that the last two games have been decided in the last minute. Amirite?

It is a miracle. Iowa was up big in both. A fourth down to easily salt the game to go up 31-13 The other, two lineman illegally down field on a td pass. Every other game are to the tunes of 38-17, 40-10, 56-14. The two programs are on different planets. You're right though, they aren't anomalies because they didn't win the game. They have lost 6 of the last 7 games against Iowa. While this is entertaining, time to shift focus to basketball season & not pointless Nebraska threads.

You have at least 5 losses to end the season, your team will be so beat up and demoralized by the end of that stretch. Plus you open against Purdue, who always starts fast. You also play Cincinnati and South Dakota State, neither of which give you much of a breather. Either of those teams can beat you on the right day.

I guess that’s why they play the games. Purdue always starts fast? It will be a difficult game. But you’re talking out of your arse again

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Again, Nebraska landed multiple 4 stars that were highly coveted by Florida St and Miami. Hell, on one of the recruits Miami was pleading with a recruit and trying to negatively recruit Nebraska minutes before he signed. And they were in their backyard. I don’t expect you to know the background of Nebraska’s recruits but I enjoy you trying to act like you do.

Must be the off-season. Nebraska fan over here chirping about recruiting again. I've come to the conclusion that you're just too stupid to know any better.

Every year you buffoons come over and tell us all about your recruiting class, and we all share a laugh at your expense. Come talk to us when they pan out. Until then, by my count we're sitting on 5 in a row with our band of misfits.

10 wins versus 5 wins, I’d say that’s 5 wins due to you idiots from Netra5hka not realizing it is a lot harder to win in the B1G than Big 8/12 where you were winning vs inferior opponents.

Why can’t you understand Iowa and Netra5hka have different recruiting philosophies? Iowa goes after players they actually vet and are still developing physically, while your coaches have been going after the 4/5 star kids that have reached their max potential in high school. Iowa and Wisconsin have better s&c coaches to develop the two and three stars that KF & BA see and know they can turn into 4/5 star talent on the field in one, two, or three years down the road.

Iowa has been winning anywhere from 6 to 12, mostly 7 to 9 games on average a year doing it this way, minus three seasons under KF, first two years of his rebuild w/ the cupboard bare and 2012 during the OC transition from KOK to GDGD. Why would Iowa change their philosophy to be more like Netra5hka, no vetting of players and throwing crap against a wall to see what sticks with an offer that’s not really a committable offer.

Regarding the results of the game, it’s a rivalry and anything can happen in a supposed rivalry. Iowa’s barely won with your worst teams as you state but you don’t admit Iowa blew out a mid level ranked Netra5hka team as well. You can’t have it both ways.

Do us all a favor, stop making excuses as to why the wins aren’t there, shut up and leave this board till your team actually starts winning. And if you’d take minimal valued land in the foot hills compared to Iowa’s rich soil farm land valued at 10 to 20 times the value, you really are an idiot. Is it really this hard to comprehend? I guess it is for you inbred Cornturd fans.

How many of you struggle with reading comprehension? Where have I made excuses for Nebraska? Also,Lol at you bringing up value of land...as if I give a damn. It’s still boring as hell whether you live in farmland Nebraska or farmland Iowa.

Lastly, lol at you thinking 4 or 5 stars have reached their ceiling. So are you saying Wirfs and Epenesa weren’t developed by Iowa? Interesting. In reality, anybody with half a brain knows that a good majority of the star rankings are what evaluators think their ceiling is.

Last edited:
I guess that’s why they play the games. Purdue always starts fast? It will be a difficult game. But you’re talking out of your arse again
I wouldn't be getting any sleep if I was a Nebraska fan. You are betting the bank on Frost, and I just do not see him working out.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Must be the off-season. Nebraska fan over here chirping about recruiting again. I've come to the conclusion that you're just too stupid to know any better.

Every year you buffoons come over and tell us all about your recruiting class, and we all share a laugh at your expense. Come talk to us when they pan out. Until then, by my count we're sitting on 5 in a row with our band of misfits.

This is always funny because it’s Iowa fan that brings up Nebraska recruiting. I simply responded it seems weird to bash a program’s recruiting philosophy or strategy when they brought in ten 4 stars. Again, that doesn’t guarantee wins....but it also doesn’t signify that Frost and company have zero idea what they are doing on the recruiting trail.

I wouldn't be getting any sleep if I was a Nebraska fan. You are betting the bank on Frost, and I just do not see him working out.

Well, based on your post in this thread that makes me feel better about him working out. You don’t strike me as a guy that gets a lot right. I wonder if you said the same about Ferentz and his 4 wins thru two years at Iowa?

Well, based on your post in this thread that makes me feel better about him working out. You don’t strike me as a guy that gets a lot right. I wonder if you said the same about Ferentz and his 4 wins thru two years at Iowa?
Ok, I have tolerated you enough little troll, now go crawl back into your burrow.

This is always funny because it’s Iowa fan that brings up Nebraska recruiting. I simply responded it seems weird to bash a program’s recruiting philosophy or strategy when they brought in ten 4 stars. Again, that doesn’t guarantee wins....but it also doesn’t signify that Frost and company have zero idea what they are doing on the recruiting trail.

This was a thread started before Iowa even played their bowl game.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/keyshawn-greene.296859/

Why shouldn't we bash your recruiting strategy and your 674 offers every year? You mock our recruiting strategy of going after not as highly rated recruits that fit our system.

Take your 10 4* recruits every year and I'll take our lower rated guys and give them one of the best S&C coaches in the game. My money is on the latter until Frost proves otherwise.

unL fans being here is comparable to banging your head against a wall, repeatedly. What is the point, exactly? If Iowa fans want to call it like they see it, on Hawkeye Report, then so be it. Results are not going to change.

No I don’t. Actually I think the reverse is true. I think Nebraska is just proof that Iowa could bring in more highly rated kids. Has nothing to do with Nebraska being better or worse than Iowa.

Did it ever occur to you that Iowa doesn't WANT Nebraska's recruits. Maybe if Iowa started recruiting like Nebraska, we'd turn into a 4-5 win team, too. Instead of taking shots at Iowa's recruiting, perhaps take a closer look at your own other than the shiny *s, because it seems to me you're doing it wrong.

Stealing 4*s from teams that don't want 'em is Nebraska's strategy; Iowa's strategy is to take guys that fit into the program and turn them into great players. Despite your "1 division title..." crap you've posted ad nauseam, Iowa has been more successful doing it their way pretty much this entire century.

Reactions: owenhawk
Wait, that was bait? Lol! An anomaly is not two years in a row. No, you were the guy claiming Iowa was “one play away” from winning the division title last year. That one play would have closed the gap of being 3 games back from NW. eeeek. You asked me how close they were, not should Nebraska have won. Sure, how was close in two years...so what? Nebraska’s been close as well.

If Nebraska is so horrible and Frost is the worst coach in America who only has thugs and losers on his roster it’s a miracle that the last two games have been decided in the last minute. Amirite?

if Nebraska has the superior coach and recruits at much higher level than Iowa, who has a bunch of MAC-level players, it’s a miracle Iowa could eve compete, much less beat Nebraska. Amirite?

el-oh-el at the Nebraska guy trying to tell us Iowa rubes about how Ferentz needs to up his recruiting game.

congrats on your off season championship with those 4*s, guy. hopefully they don't talk too much shit after giving up big plays to a bunch of 2* and 3* kids again next year.

Did it ever occur to you that Iowa doesn't WANT Nebraska's recruits. Maybe if Iowa started recruiting like Nebraska, we'd turn into a 4-5 win team, too. Instead of taking shots at Iowa's recruiting, perhaps take a closer look at your own other than the shiny *s, because it seems to me you're doing it wrong.

Stealing 4*s from teams that don't want 'em is Nebraska's strategy; Iowa's strategy is to take guys that fit into the program and turn them into great players. Despite your "1 division title..." crap you've posted ad nauseam, Iowa has been more successful doing it their way pretty much this entire century.

It wouldn’t be Nebraska’s 4 stars. It would be Iowa’s. But, you are incapable of a discussion without bringing it back to Nebraska. Also, I’ll gladly post Nebraska’s top ten recruits vs Iowa’s in terms of offers. And then we can compare what teams didn’t want who.

if Nebraska has the superior coach and recruits at much higher level than Iowa, who has a bunch of MAC-level players, it’s a miracle Iowa could eve compete, much less beat Nebraska. Amirite?

Ive never stated Nebraska has the superior coach. It has recruited at a much higher level but many of the Pelini and then Riley classes were not developed. I’ve already conceded Nebraska has done a very poor job at developing talent. You will have to try again.

el-oh-el at the Nebraska guy trying to tell us Iowa rubes about how Ferentz needs to up his recruiting game.

congrats on your off season championship with those 4*s, guy. hopefully they don't talk too much shit after giving up big plays to a bunch of 2* and 3* kids again next year.

Again, the people who bring up Nebraska’s recruiting class is Iowa fans. Atleast in this thread.

I never made that comparison until there was a moronic take that Nebraska has a bad recruiting strategy that just brought in ten 4 stars with many coming out of fertile recruiting grounds. But “nobody else wanted” them despite all the evidence to dispute that.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t be Nebraska’s 4 stars. It would be Iowa’s. But, you are incapable of a discussion without bringing it back to Nebraska. Also, I’ll gladly post Nebraska’s top ten recruits vs Iowa’s in terms of offers. And then we can compare what teams didn’t want who.

Well, thanks for all the good advice. Our coaching staff will have to ponder the state of our program and their 9-win average, and consider the wisdom of Omaha message board genius who thinks what Iowa needs to do to get over the hump is model their recruiting after 4-win average Nebraska who's had zero impact players in the Big Ten in recent memory.

I'll get the message to KF right away. For now, though, I'm over you and your monotonous, broken-record trolling.

Reactions: dirtypool
Well, thanks for all the good advice. Our coaching staff will have to ponder the state of our program and their 9-win average, and consider the wisdom of Omaha message board genius who thinks what Iowa needs to do to get over the hump is model their recruiting after 4-win average Nebraska who's had zero impact players in the Big Ten in recent memory.

I'll get the message to KF right away. For now, though, I'm over you and your monotonous, broken-record trolling.

And there you go again comparing Nebraska to Iowa. You just can’t help yourself. Nowhere did I say they should model their recruiting after Nebraska. That would make little sense considering they have different schemes on both sides of the ball.

And there you go again comparing Nebraska to Iowa. You just can’t help yourself. Nowhere did I say they should model their recruiting after Nebraska. That would make little sense considering they have different schemes on both sides of the ball.

Then wtf are you trying to babble about in here? If you retract from literally every argument, then you really don't have anything. You want KF to get more four stars is that really what these pointless rants are about?

Then wtf are you trying to babble about in here? If you retract from literally every argument, then you really don't have anything. You want KF to get more four stars is that really what these pointless rants are about?

If I was an Iowa fan I would want him to. I believe it would lead to more divisional titles and possibly a Big Ten title.

If I was an Iowa fan I would want him to. I believe it would lead to more divisional titles and possibly a Big Ten title.

well, its a good thing you aren't an Iowa fan and have to worry about it. now run along to the husker board and celebrate your off season championship

I think it’s great that an opposing teams fan is here to tell Iowa and KF how they can get better. I am sure this thread is being monitored by the Iowa coaches so maybe they will have their ‘a-ha’ moment and championships will follow. Thank you for your insight.

In summation, if I may speak on my opinion of Nebraska recruiting, is that if Scot could sign 20 four star recruits, they could have a ten win season. Do you agree?

Last edited:
In summation, if I may speak on my opinion of Nebraska recruiting, is that if Scot could sign 20 four star recruits, they could have a ten win season. Do you agree?

If they develop said recruits...yes, they could win ten games in a season during his tenure. Although if he only wins one division title in a decade no matter how many 8-10 win seasons he has had I would be questioning how he can make the program better.

If they develop said recruits...yes, they could win ten games in a season during his tenure. Although if he only wins one division title in a decade no matter how many 8-10 win seasons he has had I would be questioning how he can make the program better.

Nice. Then he'd be fired right? Who would be the next in line? Touchdown Tommie, Eric Couch, Zac Taylor? Barry Alvarez's grandson?

Nice. Then he'd be fired right? Who would be the next in line? Touchdown Tommie, Eric Couch, Zac Taylor? Barry Alvarez's grandson?

I have no idea if he would be fired. You are acting like I’m the athletic director. Perhaps by that time Frost will have an undeserving son that will take over.

Rinse and repeat.

I have no idea if he would be fired. You are acting like I’m the athletic director. Perhaps by that time Frost will have an undeserving son that will take over.
So you think Brian Ferentz will be undeserving in another 5 years when his dad’s contract is up? He’ll have more and better experience at that point in his career than Frost had when he was hired as a head coach.

The way you go around projecting other programs, it sure seems like you have experience in the realm.

Maybe his only daughter will get involved, if he makes it 30 more years at 4.5 wins per year.

So you think Brian Ferentz will be undeserving in another 5 years when his dad’s contract is up? He’ll have more and better experience at that point in his career than Frost had when he was hired as a head coach.

At this rate with the offenses he’s putting out...yes, he will 100% be undeserving. Perhaps in 5 years that will be different if Ferentz makes it that long but nothing right now suggest he should get the job. Id hire Bielema over him in a heartbeat.

At this rate with the offenses he’s putting out...yes, he will 100% be undeserving. Perhaps in 5 years that will be different if Ferentz makes it that long but nothing right now suggest he should get the job. Id hire Bielema over him in a heartbeat.
Go for it and good luck.

The way you go around projecting other programs, it sure seems like you have experience in the realm.

Maybe his only daughter will get involved, if he makes it 30 more years at 4.5 wins per year.
I saw a congrats from a coach on Twitter to Frost for having a baby boy. I think they must have just had their second child.

ADVERTISEMENT