ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska Replaces SE Louisiana With Fordham

Mar 14, 2003
Looks like they wanted a home game in early September as opposed to November. I’m sure they also wanted a week off instead of four straight games that includes tOSU, Wisconsin, and Iowa to end the year.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Fordham should do wonders for their strength of schedule ranking.
Fordham is no joke, they won a football national championship in the 90s under a head coach who went on to become one of the greatest offensive coordinators and qb coaches in cfb.

• Haha
Reactions: Niko13
Fordham is no joke, they won a football national championship in the 90s under a head coach who went on to become one of the greatest offensive coordinators and qb coaches in cfb.
Sure about that Clark?

"35 years after dropping big time football, Fordham finally regained Division I status (at the I-AA level, later renamed FCS) upon moving up in 1989. There the Rams began a dismal stretch of 12 straight losing seasons."

Sure about that Clark?

"35 years after dropping big time football, Fordham finally regained Division I status (at the I-AA level, later renamed FCS) upon moving up in 1989. There the Rams began a dismal stretch of 12 straight losing seasons."
You got me there cid. I shouldn't have relied on memory. Mistakenly thought KOK had won a national championship there. Turns it was at Allegheny college. Now i'm sad.

Just another indication of what a phony pathetic program Nebraska really is. Do anything to win...Frost is in over his head now.

Funny, they tried to weasel out of playing OU eventually hatching the excuse of needing to get more money from a home game (they already had 7 and trying to get a cupcake 8th instead of OU)....but yet they are willing shell out lots of money to get SW L. to cancel...and get cupcake Fordham to agree to come to Lincoln so the Huskers can get all looped up about actually routing someone. And previous poster...yes they are a joke...if they weren't Moos/Frost would not be digging them up to play.

Again...Huskers are once again led by local Media drumming up that they have great players and great depth everywhere....just like they do every year...it's a ritual there....they are champions of the world until actually having to play games.

• Sad
Reactions: mavsker
They already had a home game scheduled for the following week (Sept 11) against Buffalo. The argument they wanted A Home game sooner is debunked.

My guess is they wanted to get as many home games earlier in the season when the fans had expectations for a national championship rather than later against SE Louisiana when they were 3-6 (or whatever), it was colder outside, and their make believe sellout streak might be in jeopardy.

Last edited:
Looks like they wanted a home game in early September as opposed to November. I’m sure they also wanted a week off instead of four straight games that includes tOSU, Wisconsin, and Iowa to end the year.

giphy.gif

They already had a home game scheduled for the following week (Sept 11) against Buffalo. The argument they wanted a Home game sooner is debunked.
I think it's more that they needed an early season win to take the heat off of Moos and Frost. It's imperative that they are 3-0 before the Sooner game. If they lose to the Illini...and get piss pounded by Oklahoma, it's gonna get real ugly, real fast.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
They already had a home game scheduled for the following week (Sept 11) against Buffalo. The argument they wanted A Home game sooner is debunked.

My guess is they wanted to get as many home games earlier in the season when the fans had expectations for a national championship rather than later against SE Louisiana when they were 3-6 (or whatever), it was colder outside, and their make believe sellout streak might be in jeopardy.

Meh, Nebraska was originally supposed to play in Ireland in Week 0, so it made sense to have a bye week in week 1. Because of COVID the game was moved back to Illinois, so it no longer made sense to have a bye week in week 1, so they moved their nonconference game up. Pretty simple.

Reactions: TheVegvisir
Meh, Nebraska was originally supposed to play in Ireland in Week 0, so it made sense to have a bye week in week 1. Because of COVID the game was moved back to Illinois, so it no longer made sense to have a bye week in week 1, so they moved their nonconference game up. Pretty simple.
Nothing to do with SE Louisiana putting up 40 points a game last year I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Just another indication of what a phony pathetic program Nebraska really is. Do anything to win...Frost is in over his head now.

Funny, they tried to weasel out of playing OU eventually hatching the excuse of needing to get more money from a home game (they already had 7 and trying to get a cupcake 8th instead of OU)....but yet they are willing shell out lots of money to get SW L. to cancel...and get cupcake Fordham to agree to come to Lincoln so the Huskers can get all looped up about actually routing someone. And previous poster...yes they are a joke...if they weren't Moos/Frost would not be digging them up to play.

Again...Huskers are once again led by local Media drumming up that they have great players and great depth everywhere....just like they do every year...it's a ritual there....they are champions of the world until actually having to play games.

Maybe Frost is auditioning for a position there when Nebraska lets him go....

Reactions: ChrisVarick
FORDHAM IS A VERY TOUGH OOC GAME, well if it was still the 1930's. The Rams were very powerful back then. Now, not so much. Of course SE Louisiana is a joke as well.

Reactions: ChrisVarick

They got SE Louisiana that is in Hammond to cancel. Louisiana(formerly USL) is in Lafayette and is D1 sunbelt. They would not be a pushover. SE Louisiana is in the Southland

I heard sisters of the poor turned them down because the sisters were looking a tougher challenge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT