ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska Star Entering Portal?

247Sports is expecting Nebraska receiver Wan'Dale Robinson to end up in the NCAA Transfer Portal in the near future. The former All-American Bowl standout and Top247 recruit has been a playmaker for Scott Frost and his staff over the last two seasons.

They had to beg him to stay after last year. Maybe the snake oil they originally lured him in with has finally all rubbed off. He's probably tired of losing all the time and hearing "we're gonna turn this thing around soon", over and over again.

People in Nebraska were wondering all season why Frost was calling all those kinds of plays....short horizontals that in many cases ended up with bad throws by Martinez.....it was plain and simple, Frost HAD to.....he had to do everything possible to keep Robinson the center of attention in an offense that had no identity and a stable of QBs that cannot get the ball downfield any further than 10 yards with any accuracy,

After Robinson initially committed to Kentucky, Frost had every coach on the staff involved to get Robinson to de-commit from Kentucky...that's how important Frost thought getting him....without him in that offense and all there remains is a bunch of walk-ons and transfer rejects. Also Frost was trying to use him as a running back...getting the kid practically killed running inside. Thats not good for a NFL minded small receiver...to get used as a tackle dummy by big10 defenses.

Robinson has spent or wasted two years under clueless Frost....he needs to get out of that mess as soon as he can...he can go to any P5 school and play...he may not be thee guy...but he will be a play-maker.

And PS to Findone...history tends to repeat itself.

People in Nebraska were wondering all season why Frost was calling all those kinds of plays....short horizontals that in many cases ended up with bad throws by Martinez.....it was plain and simple, Frost HAD to.....he had to do everything possible to keep Robinson the center of attention in an offense that had no identity and a stable of QBs that cannot get the ball downfield any further than 10 yards with any accuracy,

After Robinson initially committed to Kentucky, Frost had every coach on the staff involved to get Robinson to de-commit from Kentucky...that's how important Frost thought getting him....without him in that offense and all there remains is a bunch of walk-ons and transfer rejects. Also Frost was trying to use him as a running back...getting the kid practically killed running inside. Thats not good for a NFL minded small receiver...to get used as a tackle dummy by big10 defenses.

Robinson has spent or wasted two years under clueless Frost....he needs to get out of that mess as soon as he can...he can go to any P5 school and play...he may not be thee guy...but he will be a play-maker.

And PS to Findone...history tends to repeat itself.
Yeah, it's going to be fun seeing FiDONE enjoy the next few years as he ponders who will be HC by the time he leaves Nebraska? For what he's likely to endure... he could have stayed at a Nebraska high school and not wasted Council Bluff's assets.

careful if you post over there ..as banning is a ritual and I do think they have a quota
but then again , I have heard of bannings in other places for little too even political exchanges
so be careful

Reactions: GolfHacker1
What I've seen so far is that Frost had sold Robinson and his dad on him getting big production out of the slot. However, instead, Frost put him in situations where he had to endure a lot of punishment (probably read that as running between the tackles). Rumor has it that he was tempted to leave after last season ... but Frost promised him that he'd be subjected to less abuse. Of course, that didn't last long ....

If the rumor mill is on target ... it would sound like he is, in fact, gone. However, it also sounds like Robinson is a bit soft if the rumors are correct.

Will Oliver Martin start for Nebby next year?

good chance. Nebraska and all those 4* wr they bring in and next year they could be starting walk ons kade Warner and Oliver Martin, unless he decides to transfer again.

Last edited:
I doubt he goes into the transfer portal. He only has 1 year left before he can declare for the draft and transferring and sitting a year makes no sense. Frost being a liar and Debbie sucking are not reasons for immediate eligibility. I suspect if he gets as much as a hangnail new season he will sit out the rest of. the year to prepare for the draft.

I doubt he goes into the transfer portal. He only has 1 year left before he can declare for the draft and transferring and sitting a year makes no sense. Frost being a liar and Debbie sucking are not reasons for immediate eligibility. I suspect if he gets as much as a hangnail new season he will sit out the rest of. the year to prepare for the draft.
He doesn’t need a reason for immediate eligibility. A NCAA committee has recommended first time transfers don’t have to sit for a year. Its expected to be approved, just a matter of when.

He won’t be sitting next year if he transfers.

Usually guys like Wan'Dale terrify me, but on this, I'd almost prefer he stays unhappy and messes up team chemistry in the Huskers. As much fun as it is to rag on Nebraska, there is no reason they can't get back to Bo Pelini-heights, and I'd rather they stay as dysfunctional as possible

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT