ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL to allow TD celebrations

I don't mind to celebrations. but it will go back to everyone trying to one up each other. I hate when the 3rd string receiver does a rehersed dance when his team is down by 30.

Ultimately things like this annoy me when they go overboard and will lead me to not watching games anymore.

- can use the football as a prop
- snow angels galore
- group demonstrations

(per Roger Goodell)

Thoughts?
so something cool, like zeke jumping in the salvation army kettle, would still be penalized but some stupid, rehearsed team skit won't?
LAME....

Unless it's insulting, then just let it go.

I don't mind to celebrations. but it will go back to everyone trying to one up each other. I hate when the 3rd string receiver does a rehersed dance when his team is down by 30.

Ultimately things like this annoy me when they go overboard and will lead me to not watching games anymore.
I have no problems with "in the moment" celebrating, but some of the rehearsed "skits" do annoy me. You're football players, not actors and this is football not a musical or a theater lol.

You would think that refs would be able to decipher emotion from showboating. I see nothing wrong with doing a somersault in the end zone on a snowy day. It's a game.

I have no problems with "in the moment" celebrating, but some of the rehearsed "skits" do annoy me. You're football players, not actors and this is football not a musical or a theater lol.
Is it not for our entertainment? Why shouldn't they be allowed to have fun.

I better see more of these next year:

It's amazing how well this movie foreshadowed what pro sports would become. At the time most of the star players played their careers for one team. Seems a lot rarer these days

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk_82
Lol at all the negative responses in this thread. How does this really affect you guys? It's not like players aren't already doing celebrations after touchdowns. Now they are just allowing celebrations that previously would have resulted in a flag. If you are so lame that you can't stand watching these guys celebrate, just close your eyes after every touchdown. Problem solved.

Reactions: pink shizzle
we pay money to have them entertain us by playing football...
you really think they sit around and think "what skit should we do to entertain the fans"
No, but shouldn't they be allowed to have fun and be themselves. It was called the No Fun League for a reason when people complained, now it swings the other way. Simple really, don't like it don't watch it.

Ok, so the players have been given the green light. What are the chances that the players "Crank it up to Eleven" so much so that Goodell rescinds his offer around mid season?
I think of all the viral entities they've missed out becoming in the past couple of seasons or so....got some making up to do...

I say give the player and the team 20 seconds to do anything they want. As far as I'm concerned, they can bring in a stage and do choreographed dances, as long as it doesn't slow down the game. Twenty seconds after the ball crosses the goal line, you get a flag if you are still celebrating on the field.

If someone steps over the "line" and disrespects their opponent :eek:, the players on the field can handle it.;)

I am all for more celebrations. To the guy who said a 3rd string WR has done a rehearsed dance when down by 30, you're making that scenario up you liar.

9rYVxqH.jpg

Reactions: Ree4
I guess I'm too Ferentzed up. I don't care for the choreography dance crap. I understand emotional spontaneous reactions and celebrations. But keep the Hollywood, scripted scenes out. Especially group choreography. Yuk!

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
No, but shouldn't they be allowed to have fun and be themselves. It was called the No Fun League for a reason when people complained, now it swings the other way. Simple really, don't like it don't watch it.
As long as it's tasteful, I don't really care.
I don't know why somone can't do their own celebration alone.

Don't watch? Get one thing straight...we, the fans, are what make it possible for them to make millions playing a game!! Maybe you just feel your opinion is above other fans.....

I guess I'm too Ferentzed up. I don't care for the choreography dance crap. I understand emotional spontaneous reactions and celebrations. But keep the Hollywood, scripted scenes out. Especially group choreography. Yuk!
agreed! That said, they are more than welcome to join the cheerleader squad. I doubt they'll like the pay though ;)

As long as it's tasteful, I don't really care.
I don't know why somone can't do their own celebration alone.

Don't watch? Get one thing straight...we, the fans, are what make it possible for them to make millions playing a game!! Maybe you just feel your opinion is above other fans.....
So their hard work for years has nothing to do with it? They've earned the right to celebrate.

I'm a real football fan. Just not a "sports entertainment" football fan.

You're not a football fan if you don't watch the NFL. I don't care that you watch the Hawks every Saturday. If you refuse to watch the greatest football players in the world I can't take you seriously as a football fan.

You're not a football fan if you don't watch the NFL. I don't care that you watch the Hawks every Saturday. If you refuse to watch the greatest football players in the world I can't take you seriously as a football fan.
That's the dumbest thing I've heard on here in a long time. I quit the NFL too. Love my local HS team. Love my Hawks. Love college football.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard on here in a long time. I quit the NFL too. Love my local HS team. Love my Hawks. Love college football.

Also, I get not liking the NFL anymore because the game isn't what it used to be. Roughing the QB penalties, etc. But I don't understand how you can not watch because of something as trivial as a TD celebration. If something that little affects you watching then I have to assume you aren't really that much of a football fan to begin with.

Also, I get not liking the NFL anymore because the game isn't what it used to be. Roughing the QB penalties, etc. But I don't understand how you can not watch because of something as trivial as a TD celebration. If something that little affects you watching then I have to assume you aren't really that much of a football fan to begin with.
Hmmm. Was in St. Louis when
Football celebrations? Who the f cares. Hope Wadley high steps a dozen times into the end zone. Who the f are you to say someone isn't a football fan. That's about arrogant as a p

I say the same to you. College football is the best. You're more of a "corporate America" football fan I can tell.

Reactions: Ree4 and Hans81

Football celebrations? Who the f cares. Hope Wadley high steps a dozen times into the end zone. Who the f are you to say someone isn't a football fan. That's about arrogant as a p
Couldn't have said it better. Give me the Hawkeyes & CFB any day. I can work on yard & ride my bike on Sundays.

In the words of Rocky Mountain Hawk, couldn't have said it better. You betcha I'm arrogant as p!

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62
I prefer college to NFL, but I'm not going to go out of my way to not watch the NFL because of celebrations.
Who the hell cares about the celebrations?! The whole college product/experience/tailgate is far superior. I gave up on NFL probably 15 years ago & NBA around 25 years ago.

So I'll take my Bohannon's & Baer's & you can have your Curry's & James' while were at it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT