ADVERTISEMENT

OT: No Fans, No Problems For Nebraska Sell Out Streak

The fake sellout streak...... let em have it. It’s all they have.

giphy.gif

Most people who don't cheer for Nebraska have long thought it was bogus anyway. Really not that big of a deal.

Fans that post something like this at 4 am make us look like little brother. Every fan base has them though.

Also. How are people not okay with an attendance asterisk this year?

Yeah, seems obvious to me too. But honestly, I couldn't care less.

But I don't have an unhealthy obsession with all things Nebraska, so take it with a grain of salt.

I personally support the 'fair weather fan' philosophy. If fans pay money every year no matter what, there is no incentive for that team to get any better. This obviously applies more to professional sports than college but if a team is always in last place, why would i spend money to support that team? So in Nebraska's case, maybe their constant 'sellout' is encouraging mediocrity and their recent football records prove my point..

You know football has been bad when you cling to ticket sales streak. Which is different than fans actually all showing up.

Seems reasonable to me. You think no other teams will have an asterisk next to their attendence numbers for this year?

Not counting this year for sell-out streak of attendance makes sense. Of course, Nebraska's sell-out streak is an obvious sham that even their own fans admit to, but that's a different story.

This Saturday, there will be 20k+ empty seats at kickoff, while Nebraska journalists are bragging about their 376th consecutive sellout.

ADVERTISEMENT