ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rhoads saying more stupid stuff...

Khawk4

HB Legend
Jul 20, 2007
Its a bye week, so whatevs...

So, during ISU's game on Sat night, there was a play where Joel Lanning came in and threw a deep pass to Lazard. Lazard had 1 on 1 coverage down the sideline, and no safety over top. So Lanning, smartly, takes a shot. Now, you can argue whether it was intentional or not, but it was either under thrown, or an intentional back shoulder throw. Anyways, Lazard makes a great adjustment, fights off his guy for the catch, wrestles out of the tackle, and scampers for like a 75 yard TD pass. Great play, right? Not according to Rhoads. He says it was "probably a ball that shouldnt have been thrown" in his presser today. Seriously, Paul? You mean to tell me when your best WR, and player, has one on one coverage down the sideline, and 6 inches on his guy, you SHOULDNT take that shot? Even so, regardless, why would you even publicly say that? Your team had a real good football play. A play that all the good teams run, and execute, and you have the nerve to tell your fanbase that it shouldnt have been thrown? Granted, he did credit Lazard with making a great play, and said youre safe a lot of times you throw in that direction, but still, why even say that? Esp. when you are coaching for your job. The comment wouldnt be nearly as bad if it would have come from a successful coach. But when your team cant score more than 20 pts, you dont say things like that.

The natives are getting very restless. I doubt he gets fired mid season, but if he were, after this Saturday would be as good of a time as any.

Edit to add: Its on CF, which is a FOX site, so I dont know if I can/should link it or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.